19 Silverado High Country DIC/Dash Problem

I was wondering if anyone else has experience this? I got my 19 Silverado 1500 High Country in the middle of October. The large display, or the DIC screen on my dash has actually shut off and went blank on me from anywhere between 3 to 5 seconds while driving. It makes a click noise this happens then after a few seconds I hear click then all the display comes back on like nothing happened. This is kind of jarring while you are driving down the road. This has happened to me either 3 to 4 times. I do have the Technology Package, Safety II package, and power running boards on the truck, so there is more electronics. Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this? I have not taken it to the dealership because I know they will just tell me they can not replicate the problem. Any thoughts, or advice would be greatly appreciated. I do also want to add I love my truck. This is the only thing I have experienced with the truck, so far.

• Like 1

The dealer will know what's wrong.  If you search for this exact problem you'll find the SB and # for it.

Depending on build date it either needs a new Dash, or just programming.  Mine took about 30min to be done. 

• Like 1

This is what they did to mine.  I was not having an issue but they said it was an open recall and they could not sell the truck with it open.  It is for intermittent cluster issues.  Hope it helps.

It was a software update.

2019 1500  Denali

cluster.jpg.6a6031c2e2c423d4a0bb787a444421f7.jpg

Edited by O Town Denali
  • Like 1

I had this same issue on my 2018 Colorado ZR2 . I took it to the dealer about five times and every time they replaced something but it consistently still happened. I eventually had them replace it under the lemon law and now I'm in the Silverado. I would definitely start taking videos and recording everything. I never found out the resolution to mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Fresh 2 weeks ago.  Your dealer can run the VIN of your truck to verify this applies to you:

#N182201850: Service Update - Cluster Display Reset - (Dec 21, 2018)

Involved vehicles are marked “open” on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. This site should always be checked to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs.

In some vehicles the I/P cluster (display area only) may reset, or go blank for approximately three seconds. During this time, the heads-up display and steering wheel controls if equipped will also be inoperable. After the reset occurs, the graphics and previous information displayed will return.

Reprogram the I/P Cluster module with an updated calibration.

• Like 2

Thank you so much. When I talked to my service advisor earlier today he was totally unaware of this because he had not run into anything with the new Silverados yet. In his defense I don't think he checked the open bulletins for the truck. This will be a lot of help when I can make my Chevy Service Advisor aware of this and get this take care of.

On 1/2/2019 at 2:10 PM, tybuch2003 said:

So they just flashed the truck and this fixed the issue then? I did do a search online and have not come across this issue at all.

Yes.  As I said, depending on the build date they may have to replace the cluster but mine was just a flash and I haven't seen the issue since. 

• 3 months later...

We got our 2019 High Country end of Feb. Have had nothing but trouble with park assist, lane assist, automatic high beams, and seat vibration doesn't work at all. I've had to the dealer for these issues and they tell me you have to be going 38 miles an hr. for the assist to work. Tell me something, how do you park a vehicle at 38 miles an hr.? I hate to say this, but it doesn't work on local roads or highways. We didn't pay 70 grand to not have these safety features work. Please find a fix really soon, or quit letting Mexico build them. My 2015 worked flawlessly. On another note, I used to be able to get my text on screen, well not anymore.

1 hour ago, J@yce said:

We got our 2019 High Country end of Feb. Have had nothing but trouble with park assist, lane assist, automatic high beams, and seat vibration doesn't work at all. I've had to the dealer for these issues and they tell me you have to be going 38 miles an hr. for the assist to work. Tell me something, how do you park a vehicle at 38 miles an hr.? I hate to say this, but it doesn't work on local roads or highways. We didn't pay 70 grand to not have these safety features work. Please find a fix really soon, or quit letting Mexico build them. My 2015 worked flawlessly. On another note, I used to be able to get my text on screen, well not anymore.

I am assuming you have checked your settings in your infotainment unit to ensure all the safety measures are enabled. The Lane Change Alert works >35mph while the Lane Keep Assist with Departure Warning works >37mph. The Parking Assist works <5mph. The Intellibeam come on >25mph and Off <20mph. The camera mounted to the windshield [behind the rearview mirror] has been reported to be misaligned causing problems with Lane Assist subject. The Park Assist should notify you by a graphic on the DIC and by showing a Camera view for the direction you are in if a object is detected within 4 ft frt, 8 ft rear and object is 10 inches off the ground. If any of these Safety Features are not working per GM specs, then you should keep doing what you are doing, take it to the dealer and question their responses. There are a lot of owners here that have experienced a few of the failures you have mentioned. Sometimes it is an owner misunderstanding and/or GM problem and/or Dealership problem.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

46 minutes ago, J@yce said:

Yes I have everything set properly in infotainment center.

Regarding the text messages on the screen, they stopped that a few months back because of safety concerns of reading texts while driving