How To Remove Evap Solenoid Wiring Harness Pin - 2015 Sierra

2015 GMC Sierra.

60k miles.

Crew cab, short bed.

Got a P0445 2 weeks ago on a road trip for the holidays. Cleared it, it came back immediately, drove it back ~1000 miles no issues just bad mileage. Now I'm getting a P0449. After getting under the truck I realized the wires going to the evap solenoid are torn up. How? Why? I'm not sure.

So, I'm attempting to splice them back together before replacing the solenoid but cannot get the plug off for the life of me. I've attached photos of the wires and the plug/connector. I've tried pulling Part B straight down, away, up, etc- and it doesn't budge. I've tried prying Part A out (away from the wires) and it doesn't budge either. I've also tried pushing in the red tab between the split in Part A but that also doesn't budge. Can anyone help me figure out what to do here? Is my pin/connector broken?

Thanks in advance...

20190107_160731.thumb.jpg.7fd0a3cf94e634b72090a6c754fcebc5.jpg20190107_140323.thumb.jpg.87de65e5e5fab7e038a33a3a9f3489c7.jpg

Update: I was able to get it off, wow these things are a pain.

First I used a pair of nose vice grips to grab the red tab and pull. As expected, that broke right off. Then I grabbed my full size vice grips, grabbed the outside of the plug and tore and twisted and it eventually popped off. 

Next step is to buy a new plug and splice it in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...