F150 electric

In the past I was very stubborn when it came to all the new technology.

But, as open minded as I'm trying to be, I've changed my mind.

(I still think that the 12" screen in a RAM looks out of place the more I look at it)

Anyway, electric power is available to us in massive amounts. We just need to learn how to harvest the power.

so long

j-ten-ner

1 hour ago, GrumpyAeroGuy said:

Can't argue with any of that...

I have a weird feeling that gasoline will be around longer than we think...

Cheers

A factory fresh diesel, today, is actually, very clean compared with as little as 20 years ago.

But, an ambitious tuner can wipe that out to be sure.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I agree with the diesel comment, truly believe we will follow suite with Europe and more and more vehicles will be sold them. Much better economy, torque monsters and run forever.

10 hours ago, pickmeup said:

Interesting part was Ford stated electric will have more Torque than anything offered in gas line of f 150 right now.

All the torque in the world won't make that small little truck safe to use it.  There are reasons why we have 3/4 and 1+ ton pickups..  You don't go towing a 10,000 pound trailer with a 1/2 ton.  Safely. 

Times are changing very fast, you are right about that. I personally don’t agree with the whole electric vehicle though. I think it’s a big out of sight out of mind. One person may look at it as hey I’m not using gas for my car while I’m looking at it as you’re putting a higher demand on the power companies, higher load on the generators means higher fuel consumption of whatever they’re burning. It may not seem like much and to be honest charging the few electric cars there are nowadays may not be but when we are all driving electric major things are going to need to be changed with our power grid to hold up to the demand. And then let’s say somebody is in a rural area up north for exapmle and power goes out in a storm. It’s not nearly as easy to store electricity as it is to have a spare fuel barrel. IC engines will be around for quite some time yet, the US needs to push Diesel engines harder. The efficiency between diesel and gas just don’t compare. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Diesel will take a while to make a comeback. Anybody remember the Oldsmobile Diesel 350s? Once you get the people who remember those to die off or forget, then it may become more mainstream. For the time being though, it will be a mainly HD truck fuel

As for electric, well, I had several electric vehicles when I was younger. Batteries didn't last long and they took FOREVER to charge :lol:

The more they tinker with internal combustion the more they will refine it. More power to em to do so!

The percentage of consumers, from that generation, that remember the Oldsmobile diesel is already small. It won't hurt sales. The cost, both initial and maintenance, of a diesel over a gas engine is what holds the sales back. 

Diesel will take a while to make a comeback. Anybody remember the Oldsmobile Diesel 350s? Once you get the people who remember those to die off or forget, then it may become more mainstream. For the time being though, it will be a mainly HD truck fuel

As for electric, well, I had several electric vehicles when I was younger. Batteries didn't last long and they took FOREVER to charge :lol:

The more they tinker with internal combustion the more they will refine it. More power to em to do so!

My family had a few of those. If we weren't mechanical we've gone broke. Some were converted to gas. Outside of heavy duty work, the diesel in light duty applications I'm not seeing it. Gas engines are much more efficient and powerful now in the light duty world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk