GM Accessory Illuminated Front Bowtie Install

14 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Ya, I re-looked over this thread and the pics and he has them as well. IDK what the deal is, I might just say heck with it, have them install my new HC grill and re-install my black bowtie with chrome outline and be done with it. I just wanted something a little different though.

I will call shopchevyparts.com after work and see what they say as well.

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I appreciate the input

A cheaper option to get a different look would be to paint the chrome surround. I did this on my original black bow tie before buying the illuminated one. 

5334F271-7DD5-41CF-B43D-F2C9F0A91CBC.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Dude1317 said:

A cheaper option to get a different look would be to paint the chrome surround. I did this on my original black bow tie before buying the illuminated one. 

5334F271-7DD5-41CF-B43D-F2C9F0A91CBC.jpeg

The black bowtie with chrome around it looks awesome on my black high country. It flows well with the rest of the chrome on the truck. I couldn't paint it any other color. Yours looks great because it matches the red tow hooks and Z71 badge. Thanks for the advice though. 

Edited by TNTSilverado

They don't know because all they are doing is saying that its not a listed part for your truck in their db.  Not knocking them at all, but they don't do the research unless you are a high paying customer.  

I personally asked if the dimensions were different and they said yes.  I'm assuming you're in the same boat.
Damn with the pretentious nonsense. Good dealership parts guys don't care of you're a big spender. All money is green. I've found the thing that helps more is kindness, not the amount of money I spend.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, Transient said:

Damn with the pretentious nonsense. Good dealership parts guys don't care of you're a big spender. All money is green. I've found the thing that helps more is kindness, not the amount of money I spend.

Didn't mean to cause an issue.  Just what I've seen where I am from.  Not everyone is the same I get that.

Back to the topic at hand though, I wish this product was out there for all makes and models and not just a few.

• Like 1

Didn't mean to cause an issue.  Just what I've seen where I am from.  Not everyone is the same I get that.

Back to the topic at hand though, I wish this product was out there for all makes and models and not just a few.
Agreed with the product should've been available for the similar trucks. It's disappointing GM hasn't figured out that people who spend $60,000+ for a truck aren't afraid to spend $275 for a want.

• 5 months later...

This is pretty off topic but I've got a question about removing the grille. I've got a 19 LTZ and I'd like to remove the grille and put the black bowtie on and maybe the RC LED grille lights. Only issue is I've got a Ranch Hand full bumper on the front and only about 3" of clearance, attached a pic for reference. 

My question is do you think it's at all possible for me to get the grille off without removing the bumper? 

9BF4137F-DDE1-4520-8680-F9F0812CA496_1_201_a.jpeg

11 hours ago, TyGriff13 said:

This is pretty off topic but I've got a question about removing the grille. I've got a 19 LTZ and I'd like to remove the grille and put the black bowtie on and maybe the RC LED grille lights. Only issue is I've got a Ranch Hand full bumper on the front and only about 3" of clearance, attached a pic for reference. 

My question is do you think it's at all possible for me to get the grille off without removing the bumper? 

9BF4137F-DDE1-4520-8680-F9F0812CA496_1_201_a.jpeg

I responded to your other post about the exact same thing, so I'll be brief here.  In a word: Yes.  In reality, this won't be much fun for you. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/27/2022 at 3:09 PM, Kirby77 said:

I have another question for you. I am thinking of doing the lit bowtie but I am also thinking of adding the three amber raptor lights as well. Will it look stupid?

It's your truck, mod it the way you like it. Fuc the haters!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I ordered the illuminated bowtie for my 2021 silverado 1500 trailboss LT and the wrong harness was sent. What is the Gm part number for the right harness so I can order the right one. Thank you for the installation pictures and write up. 

Edited by PyroMikeJ