GM Accessory Illuminated Front Bowtie Install

I believe in all of California it’s illegal to ha e any other color lights than white and amber at the front of the car. 

From what I've read, that depends. Apparently amber roof marker lights are illegal in California, too. Something about being too far away from the headlights, gate than 40 inches. This is why you can't order a 2500 or 3500 with the roof markers from the factory. That's also why offroad lights also have to be covered while driving on paved roads.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

So I called to order my illuminated black bowtie emblem and the parts department is telling me it will not fit a 2019 High Country model because the HC has a different emblem size then the other truck grills??  Does anyone have a 2019 High Country that is illuminated?

I don't want to order it because if it doesn't fit, they have told me won't take it back.

Supposedly GM changed the High Country grill a little bit from 2019 to 2020..UGH I'm kinda disappointed 

9 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

So I called to order my illuminated black bowtie emblem and the parts department is telling me it will not fit a 2019 High Country model because the HC has a different emblem size then the other truck grills??  Does anyone have a 2019 High Country that is illuminated?

I don't want to order it because if it doesn't fit, they have told me won't take it back.

Supposedly GM changed the High Country grill a little bit from 2019 to 2020..UGH I'm kinda disappointed 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

Is yours a next generation 2019?  Pretty sure it will fit.  Call these peeps up and ask them.  

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/decals-and-emblems/2019-silverado-1500-chevrolet-bowtie-emblem-black-illuminated-emblem-front-grille/84602325-p-92300685.html

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

Is yours a next generation 2019?  Pretty sure it will fit.  Call these peeps up and ask them.  

https://www.shopchevyparts.com/decals-and-emblems/2019-silverado-1500-chevrolet-bowtie-emblem-black-illuminated-emblem-front-grille/84602325-p-92300685.html

Yes, the dealership parts department pulled up my vin# and stated my grill is a "Type 1" grill and the emblem only fits a "Type 2" grill. She wouldn't order it for me because it states it won't fit, plus they won't take it back if it doesn't. 

30 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Just noticed it’s actually the same thread, lol. Anyway, I’ve seen a few other HCs with the lighted bow ties. ?

I agree, I read the whole thread, but when she pulled up my Vin# it states it won't fit, IDK, kinda made me upset, because I saw this thread and the blue HC truck that started it off.

I wonder if its because I have the Aero Shutters in my grill??

23 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I agree, I read the whole thread, but when she pulled up my Vin# it states it won't fit, IDK, kinda made me upset, because I saw this thread and the blue HC truck that started it off.

I doubt it.  I don't have a HC but on my RST and previous LT the emblem fit fine and I had active shutters on both trucks.  I would try calling shopchevyparts.com with your vin and see what they say.  Or call another dealer.  And if they say it won't fit ask again specifically why.  Post a pic or your grill?  Doubt it is any different.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TNTSilverado said:

I'm kind of in the same boat, but I have a 2500.  I called two dealerships and chevyparts and they are telling me that in the 2500, the emblem is bigger than the 1500.

8 minutes ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

I doubt it.  I don't have a HC but on my RST and previous LT the emblem fit fine and I had active shutters on both trucks.  I would try calling shopchevyparts.com with your vin and see what they say.  Or call another dealer.  And if they say it won't fit ask again specifically why.  Post a pic or your grill?  Doubt it is any different.  

I agree, but if they are pulling up my truck by the Vin# and its telling them I have a Type1 grill and it only works with a type 2 grill, IDK what else I can do? I called another dealership and they stated same thing, once they put in my Vin# the illuminated bowtie went away and wasn't an accessory to choose. I asked why??  They said don't know.  Unreal!!

30 minutes ago, jamesmct said:

I'm kind of in the same boat, but I have a 2500.  I called two dealerships and chevyparts and they are telling me that in the 2500, the emblem is bigger than the 1500.

Ya, that sucks man! I've called 3 dealerships and all have told me the same thing.  Hopefully they make one for the 2500 soon 

8 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I agree, but if they are pulling up my truck by the Vin# and its telling them I have a Type1 grill and it only works with a type 2 grill, IDK what else I can do? I called another dealership and they stated same thing, once they put in my Vin# the illuminated bowtie went away and wasn't an accessory to choose. I asked why??  They said don't know.  Unreal!!

They don't know because all they are doing is saying that its not a listed part for your truck in their db.  Not knocking them at all, but they don't do the research unless you are a high paying customer.  

I personally asked if the dimensions were different and they said yes.  I'm assuming you're in the same boat.

1 hour ago, TNTSilverado said:

Just curious, is the normal, non-lighted accessory bowtie showing up in the system for your truck? If so, I would imagine the lighted one would fit physically. The clips are in the same places for either emblem, I’ve installed both on mine.

In regards to the shutters, I don’t have them, but going back to page one, it sure looks like his HC has them. They are visible in one pic taken between the core support and the grill support.

In the end it might be something you just have to take a chance with. I mean, selling it here if it doesn’t fit would be the worst case scenario and you could certainly recover most of the investment.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Just curious, is the normal, non-lighted accessory bowtie showing up in the system for your truck? If so, I would imagine the lighted one would fit physically. The clips are in the same places for either emblem, I’ve installed both on mine.

In regards to the shutters, I don’t have them, but going back to page one, it sure looks like his HC has them. They are visible in one pic taken between the core support and the grill support.

In the end it might be something you just have to take a chance with. I mean, selling it here if it doesn’t fit would be the worst case scenario and you could certainly recover most of the investment.

Ya, I re-looked over this thread and the pics and he has them as well. IDK what the deal is, I might just say heck with it, have them install my new HC grill and re-install my black bowtie with chrome outline and be done with it. I just wanted something a little different though.

I will call shopchevyparts.com after work and see what they say as well.

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I appreciate the input