GM Accessory Illuminated Front Bowtie Install

On 5/31/2019 at 10:50 AM, Josh B. said:

Do they make or is it possible to get an illuminated rear emblem?

You can get an aftermarket one but it's a little different than the front one (it lights up differently):

https://www.amazon.com/Tailgate-Emblem-Chevrolet-Silverado-Lighted/dp/B07CCGHNGF/ref=sr_1_19?crid=2X1134V4CHSS0&keywords=chevrolet+illuminated+bowtie&qid=1559584396&s=gateway&sprefix=chevrolet+ill%2Caps%2C341&sr=8-19

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 3:09 PM, Philipgonzales3 said:

@BeardBros

Thanks for the write up.  I just ordered mine today, along with a z71 grill emblem.  I plan to do it myself.  You think I'll have any issues pushing the grill clips back in solo?

No problem at all!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gt tangerine said:

That looks sick! Love the z71 grille emblem on the chrome LT front. Makes me sad I didn’t opt for the Z :/ 

Thanks!  I was second guessing adding the Z71 grill emblem since it's so small (it's also Like $60 lol).  I'll take some better daytime pics tomorrow at a lower angle and see how it looks.  

You know the very first thing that I wanted to do to my truck was a chrome delete.  It grew on my very quickly and now I don't want to get rid of it.  In fact my fiancee already paid her buddy at a tint shop to do the wrap.  I'm going to have to opt to wrap some items in the interior and/or get some tint work done as I now love how shiny the chrome is and how much contrast it gives the truck.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

@BeardBros got the bowtie and Z71 emblem around 8PM.  Got both installed in the grill relatively easily.

It's dark so no good daytime pics yet.

But I'm happy with how it looks.  

inCollage_20190628_222859163.jpg

Looks great!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

Nevermind2933b1900d75291e34e75be00444e382.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

It's barely noticable in the day.  Also I think it shuts off in park or something or maybe when the door unlocks.  I forget but if I park in front of a reflective window I can see it shut off in certain situations.  

This pic makes it seem really bright but pretty sure it's just some phone camera magic lol (Wide Dynamic Range?).

20200215_164254.jpg