GM Accessory Illuminated Front Bowtie Install

I agree, but website doesn't show the High Country front end for some reason.  It only shows the lower grade where there isn't actually a bowtie.

image.png.53584a1cf415da003073762db1805ac0.png vs image.png.a938c3b96d82f3b70fd7af5c1e12ea64.png

I have the white truck.
When I looked I did specify the High Country trim level. You're more than welcome to check yourself on accessories.chevrolet.com. You can even refine the search to just your VIN on that website.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
Nice write up. I’m looking to install the same on mine. However I used a transparent red spray paint on the part that lights up, in hopes that it tints the bow tie red to go with my trucks look
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0CyNnkM0IAQYkzAn4g3HlSM0Q
That sounds like it will look awesome. I'm concerned about the legality of having a red light on the front of your truck, though.

11 hours ago, Transient said:

That sounds like it will look awesome. I'm concerned about the legality of having a red light on the front of your truck, though.

I will admit, I have my concerns about that as well. But I’ll hold on to me original non illuminated just in case

• 2 weeks later...

Morning everyone, I see that GM has 20% accessories discount on purchases of $250 or more and I am pondering on getting an illuminated bowtie.  25% on purchases $500 or more. 
My concerns are:

1. Does it hold up in the elements?

2. Will it hold up with a truck that is washed at least once a week. Does it get condensation inside the clear light up area?

3. Has anyone had one for more than 2+ years. Longevity???

I have the regular black bowtie now with chrome surroundings and love the look, but I kinda want something with a bit more pop. 

Thanks. 

Edited by TNTSilverado

On 11/24/2020 at 7:43 AM, TNTSilverado said:

Morning everyone, I see that GM has 20% accessories discount on purchases of $250 or more and I am pondering on getting an illuminated bowtie.  25% on purchases $500 or more. 
My concerns are:

1. Does it hold up in the elements?

2. Will it hold up with a truck that is washed at least once a week. Does it get condensation inside the clear light up area?

3. Has anyone had one for more than 2+ years. Longevity???

I have the regular black bowtie now with chrome surroundings and love the look, but I kinda want something with a bit more pop. 

Thanks. 

I had the older version of the IBT on my 2016 silverado for 3 years before I sold it and bought my 2019. I took the old one off before I sold my truck and I noticed that it did have some condensation inside of it but it also had a small crack in it. Btw it still worked when I took it off my 2016. The new version for my 2019 seems to built a lot better and so far no problems after almost a year.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chad Nelson said:

I had the older version of the IBT on my 2016 silverado for 3 years before I sold it and bought my 2019. I took the old one off before I sold my truck and I noticed that it did have some condensation inside of it but it also had a small crack in it. Btw it still worked when I took it off my 2016. The new version for my 2019 seems to built a lot better and so far no problems after almost a year.   

Awesome. Thanks for the response. I’m getting a new high country grill under warranty because my old one is peeling so I figured while it is off, I’ll install a new illuminated emblem as well. 
take care. 

On 11/22/2020 at 9:21 AM, Dude1317 said:

Still working on it. Got it installed, but it’s not lighting up. Thinking I got a defective harness or something. Need to have the dealer check it out. This is it installed right now. Once I get it to light up, I’ll update the pics 

DA50DE8C-F7C9-4450-9B58-2BAD3D976A75.jpeg

Look's good - Check your local laws . Minn. & Wis. - is a NO NO. only on emergency units. Is it plug and play , or wire the plug ?? IS IT WORTH THE MONEY $$$

1 minute ago, slj2008 said:

Look's good - Check your local laws . Minn. & Wis. - is a NO NO. only on emergency units. Is it plug and play , or wire the plug ?? IS IT WORTH THE MONEY $$$

It’s a no no here in Cali as well. But it’s plug and play. It comes with a harness that ties into the headlight. I don’t do much driving at night. 

35 minutes ago, Dude1317 said:

It’s a no no here in Cali as well. But it’s plug and play. It comes with a harness that ties into the headlight. I don’t do much driving at night. 

Thank you for the info