Finally seeing T1's !

Despite being available for a few months now, I've noticed in just the past 2 weeks that I've been seeing a good amount of new T1 Sierra's/Silverado's (more GMC's than Chevy's)) on the roads in and around Boston, Metro West and central MA.. It almost seems to be directly related to the new add campaign I've been seeing on TV over the last couple of weeks. Up until now I haven't seen many at all. The power of advertising is amazing. 

I have no doubt these will sell well for GM despite all the negativity on the new design that I've seen on social media.

Edited by Loco-diablo
  • Like 1

The lots have hundreds of T1's in stock but retail sales are slow and fleet sales are non-existent to say the least, Until the rebates become competitive, you won't see many on the roads other than dealer demos. Right now the focus is selling better equipped old body style K2 trucks at 15k cheaper.

• Like 1

I agree they need to get better incentives if they wan tot sell.  The bad publicity and the massive ad campaign promoting the Dodge truck interior over the GM trucks has to be hurting them.   They can't expect anyone but the loyal GM people to really buy these at only $5-8k off of sticker forever.   I don't see many of the new ones on the road in Phoenix and that's a huge market.   They better get to $10k plus off of sticker if they want my business.    I've had 5 Chevy and 2 old GMC's and yes they have some cool bells and whistles now, but it's still a truck and not worth twice what I have paid for previous ones!   

Smitty

Better incentives will help.

Right now buyers of all brands are taking it cautiously as the Govt. is shut down, the DOW is a roller coaster, and who knows what tax season will be like

with the new laws in effect that from what I hear will not give people the refunds they are used to on the federal and state levels.

That factors into buying a new car as well.

I’ve literally seen maybe 4 all together, 3 of them Sierras. The local dealer was already always too high so absolutely no budging yet it seems. Only people with them right now around here are the ones that have to have the newest and flashiest. Whoever said they looked better in person, the Silverado looked just as ugly as I seen in the pictures. Lol

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Both do look better in person, IMHO

New trucks and SUV's are becoming a playground for either the rich or the over-extended.

Or with those who have a very high amount of equity in their trade-ins to keep a same payment going.

The new 2020 HD trucks will near the 80-90K mark. Escalades are now exceeding 100k

Not many out there that can take on 2 mortgage payments.

I've seen one owner driven T1 Sierra in Niagara Falls Ontario and surrounding area. 

I remember when the 2nd gen Colorados and Canyons came out, it took near a year before spotting them was common. 

Edited by rkj__

The 2019 front end has really grown on me. I despised it at first, then I saw the 2020. Now I think the 2019 is pretty decent. It does help seeing it in person on my drives past the dealer. I still like my 2017 front end better but both are light years ahead of that 2020 monstrosity. 

46 minutes ago, jaxcam02 said:

The 2019 front end has really grown on me. I despised it at first, then I saw the 2020. Now I think the 2019 is pretty decent. It does help seeing it in person on my drives past the dealer. I still like my 2017 front end better but both are light years ahead of that 2020 monstrosity. 

2020 as in the HD?

Yes, the 2020 custom HD looks like the Vacation Movie Family Truckster from the 80s.

The High Country Version is better.

I've liked the look of the T1's since day one. But I will say that the Silverado's look best with the chrome bumpers.

Don't forget K2's are still in production and will be for a while to come

https://www.autonews.com/article/20181031/OEM01/181039933/gm-to-build-outgoing-silverado-sierra-deep-into-2019

I've seen one Silverado on the road, haven't seen a '19 Sierra in person. The local dealer has half a dozen on the lot. I thought they were hideous when I saw the first pics, but now I like it better than the previous model. 

I agree with others not many on the road still, and just a couple days ago I'm sitting in traffic and black crew cab something, maybe LT goes cruising through the intersection, I gotta say it looked pretty nice!  So funny story, yesterday evening I go over to a dealership to look at a 2018 white double cab Z71, and I see this sitting in the lot, and I must saying, that dark blue is gorgeous!  Is it me or does the custom front end look much better than the other?  Here is a photo I took before sun went down.

19BlueTruck.jpg

GM has been known to stick to the styling for years.

2019 T1 trucks have changed that , and I say Kudos to GM for taking the leap in a new direction.

Especially differentiating the two brands further.

The interiors still need some work but at least for now they are familiar territory.

• Like 1