Which level kit for 2017 gmc sierra?

Looking to level my 2017 gmc sierra crew cab with regular box. I don't really want it lifted any higher just level. Heard the 2" kits can bring the front up too much. Is this true? I do tow things occasionally and don't want the front to come up and look stupid doing that. I also only have 18" rims which I'll probably put bf goodrich ko2s on. Any recommendations on which leveling kit or height to go with is appreciated. Thanks! 

I have the rough country 2 inch lift that is about $60 on amazon, the truck is pretty dang level and it drives basically like it did before the level kit.  In retrospect if I could do it again I would just go with the Bilstein 5100 struts and put them the highest setting because I've been pretty disappointed with the stock shocks so far.

I have an ‘18 Sierra 1500 and had the RC 2” on for a while but it was a little too high in the front for me. I then installed the Bilstein 5100 at the 4th notch (1.85”), but it rode way too stiff. So now I’ve switched the Bilsteins to the second notch (.75”) and put a 1” lift spacer in and it rides pretty good now. And it’s perfectly level on mine. I’m also basing the “level” off of the bottom of the cab, not fender height.

I believe every truck is a little different in which size spacer will make it “level” due to the placement of the control arm bracket locations welded on at the factory and other geometry tolerances from truck to truck. That’s why everyone says that there’s was level with a 2.25”, or 2”, or Bilsteins at top notch. And 2.5” is way too much for a true level.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No rub at all... i dont know about control arms... i am gonna guess no... they would be stock unless they upgraded when i had level installed... but i didnt ask for it so i doubt they just did it... the level and the tire/wheel combo is great... head turner and lots of compliments 

No rub at all... i dont know about control arms... i am gonna guess no... they would be stock unless they upgraded when i had level installed... but i didnt ask for it so i doubt they just did it... the level and the tire/wheel combo is great... head turner and lots of compliments 

Yeah it looks amazing. I just don’t understand how that tire fits with no rub. The stamped steel control arms are the stock part for 2018. My 2018 is rubbing bad with 275-60/20’s

*** Nevermind I’m an idiot, I just realized you aren’t running the stock wheels. That’s why yours fit and mine don’t.

2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain here, had the truck since April 2018 and just installed a 2” Motofab upper strut level last weekend. Looks great and feels like a truck now, wish I had done it sooner. Still has a slight rake, and it seems to ride a little better than stock. My driveway is fairly steep, so hard to tell it still has a slight rake in the photo.

I also went up one tire size to 285/55/20, and added some aftermarket wheels with a +1 offset. Really compliments the level.

d71e6b0af0963e70d758db504a4a10d8.jpg

• Like 1

I am happy with the bilstein 5100s at max height +1.85.  Not only did it pick the front end up but the ride quality is far better than the stock ranchos.  Appearance aside, now having had the stock ranchos and the bilsteins, I would install 5100s even if I didnt want to level it out.  I did also change out the rears to 5100s with no lift.  The height front and rear is perfect, I removed the lower front bumper lip (valance) and also have a front hitch installed to hold my fishing rack.  have not sized up the tires yet, I have a thread about that im still seeking answers on

• 4 weeks later...

Rugged Off Road 2007-2018 Chevy Silverado / GMC Sierra 1500 6-LUG 2.0" Leveling Kit, SKU: 9-100

Rear measurements - 39.25"

Front - 38.75

BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2 LT 275/60/20, no rubbing even at full lock

Sierra with level kit and BF Goodrich tires.jpg

Edited by jimbrown1

• 1 month later...