jamiehag

Whats your payload capacity???

My door sticker on my '19 6.2 high country states max payload is only 1,606 lbs????  Didn't look at it when I purchased now kinda disappointed, I regularly haul a lot of weight in the bed might have to look at the new HD.  

Thought these new trucks were supposed to be lighter and haul more?  My '14 LTZ had a higher weight rating.

• Confused 1

6.2 vs 5.3 weight difference is minimal. Trim level, sun roof, power everything cuts into payload. 

My 2018 6.2 crew 6.6’ bed loaded slt 4x4 max tow is 1900lbs.

My friends 2018 RAM rebel is 960lbs. 

Edited by 2009GMC

Wish I would of seen that chart a few months ago:sigh:

It looks like if I had the max trailering package the 6.2 doesn't hurt max cargo weight much over the 5.3

My 16 with a 6.2 is 1,614 payload and 864 truck camper rating, lol. 

That being said- I installed Timberens   In the rear and I have personally hauled over 2,000lbs in the bed from Estes Park CO back home to Helena MT- about 850 miles. That’s hills, passes and high speed. Those Timberens coupled with my 5100 shocks (front lift 1.5”) made the nose ride High slightly but man that 6.2 lost no power and my hwy mileage was still around 20mpg. 

I did this trip twice and verified by truck scale I was a hair over 1 ton on each load. 

Even had a rock that naturally looked like Montana!

7CBADD93-7776-4A04-B32D-F13B15F21E36.jpeg

D66F911C-CE2A-4EC1-9202-C92ED890610E.jpeg

Edited by Threerun
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jamiehag said:

My door sticker on my '19 6.2 high country states max payload is only 1,606 lbs????  Didn't look at it when I purchased now kinda disappointed, I regularly haul a lot of weight in the bed might have to look at the new HD.  

Thought these new trucks were supposed to be lighter and haul more?  My '14 LTZ had a higher weight rating.

What was the payload of your '14?  Unless it was a max tow it would not have a greater payload than your new truck.  These trucks vary a little in payload based on the weight of the optional equipment. My '15 4X4 Std. bed crew V6 has a payload of 1625 lbs.  The GVWR of your new truck will be less than your '14 which should result in other efficiencies.  Enjoy your new truck and haul as you did with your '14!

Edited by Donstar

3 hours ago, Donstar said:

What was the payload of your '14?  Unless it was a max tow it would not have a greater payload than your new truck.  These trucks vary a little in payload based on the weight of the optional equipment. My '15 4X4 Std. bed crew V6 has a payload of 1625 lbs.  The GVWR of your new truck will be less than your '14 which should result in other efficiencies.  Enjoy your new truck and haul as you did with your '14!

It was about 1700lbs on my '14  When I purchased the '19 I was thinking that it would haul about 400lbs more because of the lighter truck and hype Chevy put around the increased cargo capacities over the previous generation.  All they really did was increase cargo volume not cargo weight.

15 hours ago, UGADawgs said:

Depends on the config. See capture from brochure. 

Screenshot_20190207-210109.png

Can you post or do you have a link to the 2500 HD capacities?

4 hours ago, jamiehag said:

Can you post or do you have a link to the 2500 HD capacities?

Go to Chevy.com, shopping tools, download brochure

1396 on my 16 CC Denali. 4x4 standard bed. Just for reference 

A local 2019 crew cab short bed LTZ 6.2L 4x4 NHT has payload of 1921lb.

A local 2019 crew cab short bed LT 5.3L 4x4 NHT has payload of 2172lb.

A local 2019 crew cab standard bed LT 5.3L 4x4 NHT has payload of 2120lb.

A 2019 crew cab standard bed Denali 6.2L 4x4 NHT with sunroof had payload in the mid-1600lb range.

If the 2019 LT All-Star package on 1. fog lamps and 2. SiriusXM radio, I'd almost certainly have traded my 2017 in to get the 300lb+ additional payload and 2000lb+ additional tow capacity.

I do wish GM would bump the GVWR of the NHT package back up a bit - at least 100lb if not back to the previous generation's 7600lb GVWR - which would provide a very capable truck competitive with the F150 Heavy Duty Payload Package's 7850lb GVWR...but likely cut into more profitable 2500HD sales.

Edited by BoilerUP
  • Thanks 1

2019 LTZ 6.2 Z71  crew cab short bed 1577 lbs