How are 2019 silverado sales?

22 minutes ago, lrtexasman said:

Looks are subjective, however reliability and fuel economy are not. The electronics in the new Ram are an absolute mess right now.  The fuel economy is also abysmal and far under EPA predicted MPGs.  I wouldn’t touch one for 35% off MSRP. 

Yes because the new GM trucks are absolutely perfect. Lol.  ???

On 7/18/2019 at 9:50 AM, Jchoi said:

I’ve started to see quite a few of them recently and a fair number of trail bosses. Surprisingly, I’ve seen quite a few of the LD carry over models on the road as well. 

How do you know they are the carryover LD models? Not being a wise a$$ just curious how you tell them apart from the 18's.

12 minutes ago, Gagliano7 said:

How do you know they are the carryover LD models? Not being a wise a$$ just curious how you tell them apart from the 18's.

The Emblem states “LD” light duty instead of LT or LTZ

https://www.off-road.com/blog/2018/07/04/light-duty-lucky-draw-2019-chevrolet-silverado-1500-ld/

Edited by Jchoi

10 minutes ago, Gagliano7 said:

I can’t speak for him but the only way to tell is the tailgate emblems. Sierra says “Limited” next to the Sierra emblem, Silverado says LD in the corner where the LT emblem would normally sit. 

6 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

Yes because the new GM trucks are absolutely perfect. Lol.  ???

I get your sarcasm and agree that no one manufactures a perfect truck.  There however some consistent trends from mechanics, forums, and Consumer Reports pertaining to the light duty trucks.  The Tundra, while dated, is the most trouble free truck being produced, although it is a gas hog.  The updated 5.0 in the 2018 and newer F150s are having issues burning oil, some rough shifting, poor bed alignment, warping dashes, and water intrusion into the cabs.  The Titan engine are having catastrophic failures and transmission shift points still are having issues.  The new GM trucks are having their share of issues with the redesign but nothing major that doesn't seem likely to get squared away in the next year or so.  With that said, I'd take anyone of the aforementioned trucks before buying the most unreliable gas hog on the market, the new Ram.  I regularly talk with mechanics who work with very large agencies that purchase and lease hundreds of light duty trucks.  Hands down they are sending more redesigned Rams in for warranty work than anything else in their fleets.  Generally speaking the higher the trim line the more issues there are.   

I haven't seen many new Ram's or Ford's around here. When I got mine last month, I had typically only seen a couple of T1's riding around. Then our local dealerships started advertising hard with the rebates and dealership discounts, that initially ended July 1st. When I went shopping in early June, two of our big Chevy dealerships had a bunch, but only a few Customs and RST's. Lots of CTB, LT, LTZ & High Country's in Chevy. There were only 3 black on black Customs in Central MS. 2 double cabs and one 4wd Crew Cab. A 2wd Double Cab is what I was hunting. GMC dealerships were loaded mainly with SLT, Denali's and AT4's. No lower models. I bought mine in early June and had been driving it for almost 2 weeks before I passed the twinkie of mine (black on black Double Cab) in town. FFwd to this past Wednesday morning and I counted seven T1's on my way to work. Dealers are selling them big time here. Both Chevy and GMC. Given, there are also a lot of '18's and pre T1 "19's riding around too. I think the T1's are growing on folks. Prices have gone back up as of today. Discounts are key in this state.

Edited by KEEPER OF SECRETS
typo
  • Like 1

Most people that I know of in my county, usually buy the 2500 trucks. 

I look to start seeing a bunch of those after Christmas.  

A lot of Douglas Fir Tree Farms here. 

Edited by MacLaren

2 hours ago, Polo08816 said:

I'm going to wait until GM offers towing mirrors and larger fuel tank.  Trying to tow with a ~26 gallon fuel tank is comical.  You'll be fueling up every 250 miles or less.

Tow mirrors are coming for 2020. I doubt you'll see a larger fuel tank anytime soon, which is a shame. 

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas, but isn't it strange that a company like Titan can make aftermarket fuel tanks for diesel trucks, but not gas trucks?

I realize its because of the EPA. But still...

I mean the fuel tanks that go under the truck. 

Man, it would really be awesome to have like a 35 gallon fuel tank.

Edited by MacLaren

57 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

Tow mirrors are coming for 2020. I doubt you'll see a larger fuel tank anytime soon, which is a shame. 

It'll be the only 1/2 ton truck without a 30+ gallon option or standard feature.

10 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas, but isn't it strange that a company like Titan can make aftermarket fuel tanks for diesel trucks, but not gas trucks?

I realize its because of the EPA. But still...

I mean the fuel tanks that go under the truck. 

Man, it would really be awesome to have like a 35 gallon fuel tank.

Yeah it would be nice to have a 40 gallon fuel tank.  That way you can drive ~400 miles if your MPG during the tow is around 10.