How are 2019 silverado sales?

On 13/02/2019 at 7:10 AM, jlong1984 said:

The K2 trucks came out in the summer of 2013, and I don't remember the sales really picking up on them until well into 2014. Another thing hurting the T1 is many dealers, at least around here, still have 20-30 new K2s on the lot. They can't afford to really discount the T1 until they get rid of those K2s. 

I'd be willing to take a K2 off their hands if anyone bothered to bring one in with the max tow package. 

I did an informal truck census on my 20 minute drive into work this morning on the highway (Western NY)(not NYC).

12 K2 Silverados, 1 K2 Sierra, 2 Classic Style Dodge Rams (with rusted fender wells of course), ZERO F150s, ZERO T1 GM's.

I saw my first custom trail boss last week. Still have not seen an AT4 or LT trail boss other than the one sitting on my dealers lot the last 3 months.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I did an informal truck census on my 20 minute drive into work this morning on the highway (Western NY)(not NYC).

12 K2 Silverados, 1 K2 Sierra, 2 Classic Style Dodge Rams (with rusted fender wells of course), ZERO F150s, ZERO T1 GM's.

I saw my first custom trail boss last week. Still have not seen an AT4 or LT trail boss other than the one sitting on my dealers lot the last 3 months.

I think it depends on the region.  I am in Michigan and saw an RST and an LT on my short drive in this morning.  I have also seen at least one of each of the trims, both Silverado and Sierra driving on the road.  At this point, there are a lot more 2019 rams than Chevys on the road but the ram was launched much earlier.  That being said, I mostly see RSTs and Trailbosses on the road so far.  My local dealer also has about 300 T1s on their lot and they are a high volume dealer.  

1 hour ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I've seen a handful of T1s out on the road and we just brought in 2 Sierra SLEs with the 5.3 at work. Haven't had a chance to drive them yet. 

The F150 is definitely the most popular among half tons around here. Heavy duties seem to be more evenly split. 

Last weekend was pretty epic for me in spotting T1s; two different black TB LTs, an AT4,  and an RST.

Also, even with the relative lack of incentives on higher trims, the dealer I bought mine from has sold two HCs, two Denalis and at least 1 AT4 in the past few weeks. They sold a few LTs and RSTs too, but overall these seem to be selling from the top down.

I really should stop keeping tabs on their inventory, but I keep waiting to see bigger discounts so I can get pissed off that I bought mine so early. So far so good.:D

• Like 1

Most of the T1s I've seen have also been RST or LT Trail Boss. I've also seen three High Country Silverados and two Sierra Denalis as well as a couple of LT Silverados. I saw my first WT Silverado belonging to a local HVAC contractor yesterday afternoon. I haven't seen a single LTZ or SLT on the road, haven't seen any SLE Sierras either. 

I saw four new Rams yesterday, three Limiteds and one Big Horn. Don't know about the F-150 since it was unchanged from 2018. 

I plan on buying this year at some point, I would go for the Custom Trail Boss because I dig the front end look but the lack of simple features drives me nuts. No radio controls on the steering wheel, not to mention it's not even leather wrapped?!  

I live between DFW airport and Fort Worth... urban truck country, for sure. The highest volume Chevy dealer in the nation is in my backyard. I've seen maybe 8 T1 trucks in the past 3+ months. 6 of them were Sierras. Hardly any Silverados out there in the wild. 

I've seen a ton of new K2s with the dealer tags on them, however. Ford still seems to dominate the DFW metro area overall, though. 

Just bought an LTZ this week...the only ones I've seen here in North East Canada 1 chev and mayby 4-5 Sierra's seen over 1-2 months. The dealer I bought mine sold a Sierra also this week.

MSRP  66275                                   fees   1022

GM REBATE  6000                           Trade in  36000

Dealer rebate  3975                         lien     16 426

Credit 500                                          sub total   37183.33

Price  55700                                     15% tax        3053.81

total    40236.81

Minus  GM Card      2???.00

GH

Edited by goose hunter
  • Like 1