2018 Silverado 1500 leveled on stock rims

Why does it seem like almost everyone thinks they have to raise the front to level the truck with stock tires?  Why not lower the rear?

- Will look better with stock tires

- No rubbing issues

- No front suspension/shake possibility and possible warranty concerns

- Much cheaper

- Less/no impact on fuel mileage

Why does it seem like almost everyone thinks they have to raise the front to level the truck with stock tires?  Why not lower the rear?
- No rubbing issues
- Much cheaper

I don’t know, I think they look a little low with the block removed. Almost like a street racing look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

I don't think stock TIRES are the goal, just stock wheels.  Larger tires fit the rear as is no problem, but the front needs to go up a little for more rubber.  Plus, it does improve approach angle and larger tires will add a bit of overall clearance.

• Like 1

- No rubbing issues
- Much cheaper

But then you get serious squatting, California Rake

Sent from above
  • Like 1

FB5DF189-BC76-4CCC-80B3-1FBC77AB6A9B.thumb.jpeg.a4d3dc1153759c21915e912199f11988.jpeg

I lowered my rear with a lowering shackle. Think it was right at 2”. 

Zero difference in ride. It’s a Z71 so a little rougher than usual anyhow though. 

I couldnt stand how goofy it looked from the factory with the rear so tall. At some point I’m going to put the factory rear shackle back in, throw the 5100 shocks on it to raise the front almost 2” and get an off-road tire setup. But nothing crazy as I’ll never take it in the mud unless I’m just in the wrong place when it rains. 

I drove a 2019 Sierra 4x4 and maybe it was in my head, but that felt like a harsh/bouncy ride. 

FB5DF189-BC76-4CCC-80B3-1FBC77AB6A9B.thumb.jpeg.a4d3dc1153759c21915e912199f11988.jpeg

I lowered my rear with a lowering shackle. Think it was right at 2”. 

Zero difference in ride. It’s a Z71 so a little rougher than usual anyhow though. 

I couldnt stand how goofy it looked from the factory with the rear so tall. At some point I’m going to put the factory rear shackle back in, throw the 5100 shocks on it to raise the front almost 2” and get an off-road tire setup. But nothing crazy as I’ll never take it in the mud unless I’m just in the wrong place when it rains. 

I drove a 2019 Sierra 4x4 and maybe it was in my head, but that felt like a harsh/bouncy ride. 
Lowered my rear 2 inches as well, added a new Magneride sensor rod and had a trim level relearn. Rides better than stock did originally and I like how the tires fit the wheel wells better.(stock 22s).. My 6k # trailer brings it to 1/4" rake (looks level). 025ef547e1952ada81c6312bb07d46a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk