Audio controls - steering wheel - TrailBoss

Hi,

My Trail Boss came with the base radio and no steering wheel control to adjust volume and station control.  It is something I had in my last car (Im missing it) and with the way my dog likes to sit in the middle seat its kind of annoying to reach over.  Does anyone know if this is a simple addition or not possible?  Thanks for any input... Kev

Yeah the base models don’t get the buttons on the back unfortunately.

I wouldn’t imagine it being a simple addition either. But with a lot of these things it’s just too early to know. Not enough people have been tinkering.

Maybe you could do a search in the K2 forums as it was a similar situation with those trucks. It probably wouldn’t be the same exact process, but you could get an idea of what it takes.

On 3/8/2019 at 7:52 PM, OnTheReel said:

Yeah the base models don’t get the buttons on the back unfortunately.

I wouldn’t imagine it being a simple addition either. But with a lot of these things it’s just too early to know. Not enough people have been tinkering.

Maybe you could do a search in the K2 forums as it was a similar situation with those trucks. It probably wouldn’t be the same exact process, but you could get an idea of what it takes.

Thanks OTR, was hoping for a quick simple solution.  Will have to do some reading I guess.  Thanks!

This is the main reason I am not getting the Custom trim level Trail Boss.  I just find it hard to believe that a leather wrapped steering wheel with controls aren't standard on a $40k+ vehicle...

Edited by Jricharc
  • Like 4

On 3/8/2019 at 2:25 PM, Ravenwood said:

Hi,

My Trail Boss came with the base radio and no steering wheel control to adjust volume and station control.  It is something I had in my last car (Im missing it) and with the way my dog likes to sit in the middle seat its kind of annoying to reach over.  Does anyone know if this is a simple addition or not possible?  Thanks for any input... Kev

:lol:

The wiring going to the steering wheel probably costs GM more than the switches themselves. I’d be really surprised if it were there, and you’d have to wonder why they didn’t just put the damn switches in!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought an LT.  Thanks to this thread, I found out I had volume controls on the backside (right) of the steering wheel.  On the left are some buttons to let you skip to next channel, track whaever. I had no idea they were there, but it also explains a ghost or two in the machine.