3 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Certainly a chance that trucks ordered with the package would come with the correct software already loaded. I understand the parts are dealer installed but maybe they at least load the correct calibration when they build the truck to save time. If anyone at GM was competent, that’s how it should be anyway...

Believe it or not the performace package is dealer installed.  Parts come with the truck and the dealer installs them.  tune is with OEM airbox. 

When my AT4 Carbon Pro arrived the dealer said they performance exhaust was in the bed, they had to install - they asked if I wanted the stock exhaust - I said no thanks - they said they had like 35 of them and were just cutting them up and tossing.  

I just bought my GMC with the 6.2 10A actually picking it up Friday.

I wanted performance brakes, exhaust and intake, but I bought it off of the lot and it only had the brakes.

When I asked the sales person about it he said he didn't think that the exhausts sounded much different from stock -which, based on this thread, I see isn't the case.

I had thought that I'd just order the parts and install them myself --can you just download the tune when you get the CAI or do you have to bring it to the dealer?

4 hours ago, Glava2876 said:

I wanted performance brakes, exhaust and intake, but I bought it off of the lot and it only had the brakes.

When I asked the sales person about it he said he didn't think that the exhausts sounded much different from stock -which, based on this thread, I see isn't the case.

I had thought that I'd just order the parts and install them myself --can you just download the tune when you get the CAI or do you have to bring it to the dealer?

The tune is dealer installed. According to some other threads some dealers charge for labor for that tune, the CAI should come with a "tune card" or something to take to the dealer. 

Also FWIW, i've talked with Borla who makes the GM performance exhaust. the Borla touring is supposed to be almost identical in sound/performance to the GM Performance exhaust, the only differences are allegedly cosmetic and a tiny tone difference which they said would only be noticeable side by side. I actually just ordered a Borla touring set, just waiting for it to stop raining so I can install it. It was a bit cheaper from an authorized dealer (parts-via) than the GM Performance Exhaust (shopshevyparts.com) and had free next day shipping. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 11:05 AM, Glava2876 said:

Sales person doesn't know what they are talking about, it sounds different.

I have a 2019 Denali with a 6.2l, had a custom made exhaust from Heartthrob Exhaust designed and built (now available as a kit from their website, you're welcome). Dyno sheets showed a 52rwhp gain. Noticeably different while driving and not obnoxiously loud at all. Yellow is before, green after.

See video of sound here.

Screenshot_20200228-204933_Gallery_compress4.jpg

Screenshot_20200228-205003_Gallery_compress33.jpg

Edited by Duramax.willard
Photos
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Duramax.willard said:

I have a 2019 Denali with a 6.2l, had a custom made exhaust from Heartthrob Exhaust designed and built (now available as a kit from their website, you're welcome). Dyno sheets showed a 52rwhp gain. Noticeably different while driving and not obnoxiously loud at all. Yellow is before, green after.

See video of sound here.

Screenshot_20200228-204933_Gallery_compress4.jpg

Screenshot_20200228-205003_Gallery_compress33.jpg

Duramax.willard did you add a cai and did you have to do anything else. This seems like great gains. Very interested. How much did it cost?

Just now, dane0254 said:

Duramax.willard did you add a cai and did you have to do anything else. This seems like great gains. Very interested. How much did it cost?

Thats without CAI. I just ordered S&B intake a week ago or so but it was backordered. The gains were all from the exhaust. They seemed crazy but i saw it happen and it's all on paper.  I don't know how much the kit is going for now, i was literally the 1st one they ever built so i got a pretty good deal in exchange for letting them prototype and dyno my truck for two weeks.  It's Heartthrob exhaust in Litchfield, MN. Google them and call their office. Tell Jeremy or Mike i referred you and im sure they'll treat you right. 

I'll dyno again after CAI and post those results too.

Have 600 miles on 2020 that ive owned 3 weeks. Did get CAI option, and cat bat from GM. Have had nothing but issues. "Service filter" constantly on and GM techs cant get it to act right............frustration at its best, a $70,000 carbon pro that sits in shop more than my garage

On 3/4/2020 at 6:16 PM, Sfcdjf said:

Have 600 miles on 2020 that ive owned 3 weeks. Did get CAI option, and cat bat from GM. Have had nothing but issues. "Service filter" constantly on and GM techs cant get it to act right............frustration at its best, a $70,000 carbon pro that sits in shop more than my garage

Ouch, sorry to hear this! With a 100 miles on my 2020 RST 6.2, I installed the Cold Air Induction cai, Borla S-Type system and pedal commander with no issues  (so far). Very pleased with the truck now. My question though, did you have issues from day one or was it something that happened after a while? Makes me nervous that I may start having issues now. I only have put 323 miles on it since I got it little over 2 weeks ago.

Edited by bigdog2005
Spelling

Still in shop. It was a dealer trade and they believe the dealer did not flash the ecm corectly. They can not get the ecm to do anything  now. So thier going to change the ecm, do a new install on it and see if that will fix the problem. By the way, if you didnt know, anything plugged into the obd port is now permanently logged into the Ecm memory. The reprogram itself can be returned to stock, but a log is stored showing the techs time and date of ecm changes that were not done by a gm tech computer. This was gm's answer for the diesel owners deleting def systems. Now thier using it on gas trucks too. Tech says it automatically voids warranties now. Learned all this from master tech who was awsome enough to let me see thier equipment 

Edited by Sfcdjf
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bigdog2005 said:

Ouch, sorry to hear this! With a 100 miles on my 2020 RST 6.2, I installed the Cold Air Induction cai, Borla S-Type system and pedal commander with no issues  (so far). Very pleased with the truck now. My question though, did you have issues from day one or was it something that happened after a while? Makes me nervous that I may start having issues now. I only have put 323 miles on it since I got it little over 2 weeks ago.

9 hours ago, Sfcdjf said:

Still in shop. It was a dealer trade and they believe the dealer did not flash the ecm corectly. They can not get the ecm to do anything  now. So thier going to change the ecm, do a new install on it and see if that will fix the problem. By the way, if you didnt know, anything plugged into the obd port is now permanently logged into the Ecm memory. The reprogram itself can be returned to stock, but a log is stored showing the techs time and date of ecm changes that were not done by a gm tech computer. This was gm's answer for the diesel owners deleting def systems. Now thier using it on gas trucks too. Tech says it automatically voids warranties now. Learned all this from master tech who was awsome enough to let me see thier equipment 

WOW, hope they get it squared away. I don't have nor have I plugged anything in the obd. Went down that road in another truck. The pedal commander I put in plugs in the pedal electronic sensor at the pedal to give it a better throttle response. Works like a champ! Good luck and hope they get you rolling soon.

5 hours ago, Sfcdjf said:

Pedal commander that good?

Coming out of a 2006 tuned Duramax my 2020 felt very sluggish to me on the throttle response. So I decided after researching to get one and try it out. Actually it's pretty impressive how it works in it's simplicity. It doesn't add power or change anything other than the signal from the gas pedal to TB. I'm pleased with it and it feels much sportier on the pedal.