On 4/29/2020 at 4:05 PM, Musgo said:

Any one have any decibel  readings inside the cab at highway speeds?   I went thru a headache with my 2014 and a borla s type being too loud.  How's the loudness with towing?

Mine is nearly silent at highway speeds.  I've got about 500mi on it over the last week.  A hell of a lot quieter at cruising than my Corsa on my 2016 5.3.  I'll measure decibels on my phone but I don't have a way to calibrate it / confirm it.  

I agree on it not being that noticeable at highway speeds. I have had my 2020 AT4 Carbonpro with the offroad performance package for about a month and it's great as I have to make a lot of phone calls while I am on the road. Much more noticeable at startup and during acceleration. 

Just had mine put on a couple days ago.  GM Performance intake and exhaust.  There was a noticeable increase in acceleration to me.  The exhaust is a little louder when accelerating but when cruising the exhaust sound is lost in the road noise. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 6:28 PM, bgweed said:

Mine is nearly silent at highway speeds.  I've got about 500mi on it over the last week.  A hell of a lot quieter at cruising than my Corsa on my 2016 5.3.  I'll measure decibels on my phone but I don't have a way to calibrate it / confirm it.  

Good insight.  I just don’t want to repeat my last mistake with an exhaust that was too loud 

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed Borla touring 140767 factory tips retained. 2020 RST 5.3 . Rotfab intake.  Install was easy. First impressions it very quite. Start up seem quieter then my factory exhaust with the flapper clamped open and screens taped over. The muffler is larger then the factory's.  I only really drove it around a few blocks after install. Exceleration sound great. Way better then factory. Has a nice tone to it. Not to loud,  just right.  Foot slightly on the gas you can't even hear it. Highway is going to be quite for sure. I was torn between the Corsa and this. I was afraid the Corse might be to loud. All the video's  for them sound great. I quess I will never know now. I didn't want anything to loud. The pipes are larger and smother then factory all they way back to the tips. No more stupid flapper. I'm happy. 

I just ordered the Performance exhaust and CAI through GMC accessories for my 2020 6.2 -though it did say that there is a 7-10 day back order. I was looking at GM sellers that gave discounts and what the shipping would be. Also knowing that putting the CAI on myself would mean taking it to the dealer for the computer update.

When I was on the GMC accessories site, it showed a discount based on how much you spend -which ends June 30th.  

Long story short, I bought them both with a 20% discount and no shipping cost, plus I'm having them shipped to the dealer to install -TOTAL INSTALLED cost for everything is $2,200.00, which IMO is pretty good. 

Edited by Glava2876
updated

46 minutes ago, Tcolburntexas said:

Does the aftermarket  GM performance exhaust have an option for using factory tips? My dealer said there was no GM Borla option that used factory valance tips but clearly those from the factory do.  I’m in a 2020 SLT X31 5.3L 10 sp 

Yes.  That is how mine was installed.  IIRC, it's $100-$150 less than with the fancy tips.

20 hours ago, Tcolburntexas said:

Does the aftermarket  GM performance exhaust have an option for using factory tips? My dealer said there was no GM Borla option that used factory valance tips but clearly those from the factory do.  I’m in a 2020 SLT X31 5.3L 10 sp 

The GM factory duel exhaust exits through the bumper like the original -there are no tips on either with this bumper.

Just a follow-up at 4000 miles I had the cai installed on my AT4 6.2 I let the dealership do it so if there was a problem it would be on them.That be said my truck doesn't feel like it's stopped up it breathes and runs better and seems to be not as load. My gas mileage on the hwy went up getting 20 to 21 mpg at 75 t o 78 mh city about 16 average yes I'd  do it again very happy with it. Get my best mileage with shell or none ethanol gas

17 hours ago, zeon said:

Just a follow-up at 4000 miles I had the cai installed on my AT4 6.2 I let the dealership do it so if there was a problem it would be on them.That be said my truck doesn't feel like it's stopped up it breathes and runs better and seems to be not as load. My gas mileage on the hwy went up getting 20 to 21 mpg at 75 t o 78 mh city about 16 average yes I'd  do it again very happy with it. Get my best mileage with shell or none ethanol gas

That's really good mileage.  I just have over 1000 miles on my 6.2 Max Tow.  Today and yesterday  was the first time I had any reasonable amount of miles

on the freeway.  At 72 mph I am 20-21 mpg when I can find a few miles of the freeway without too many hills.  At 64 I am 21.5 - 22.5.  I have also found the that the DIC reported mpg is spot on with hand calculated.  I have one size larger tires than factory (LT 275-65R18)

Edited by INTJ
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 1:56 PM, Glava2876 said:

I just ordered the Performance exhaust and CAI through GMC accessories for my 2020 6.2 -though it did say that there is a 7-10 day back order. I was looking at GM sellers that gave discounts and what the shipping would be. Also knowing that putting the CAI on myself would mean taking it to the dealer for the computer update.

When I was on the GMC accessories site, it showed a discount based on how much you spend -which ends June 30th.  

Long story short, I bought them both with a 20% discount and no shipping cost, plus I'm having them shipped to the dealer to install -TOTAL INSTALLED cost for everything is $2,200.00, which IMO is pretty good. 

Finally have an appointment for this Thursday for the dealer install.

• Like 1