Placing my order next week for 2020 Sierra 1500 SLT with 5.3L.  After reading your comments, My take on the Performance Exhaust is that it's a worthy upgrade, not obnoxiously loud but a noticeable change from stock with a slight performance improvement.   I've added it to my build.  Anybody want to talk me off the ledge before Monday?  

6 minutes ago, LowCountrySLT said:

Placing my order next week for 2020 Sierra 1500 SLT with 5.3L.  After reading your comments, My take on the Performance Exhaust is that it's a worthy upgrade, not obnoxiously loud but a noticeable change from stock with a slight performance improvement.   I've added it to my build.  Anybody want to talk me off the ledge before Monday?  

I am stuck between this and the Corsa sport exhaust and GM's Exhaust. I keep kicking around whether I want to spend $1300+ on an exhaust. (Or should I say my wife is the one who is saying it's not worth it!! LOL) The Corsa Sport is a bit louder when accelerating, and only one that is available on standard bed. The Gm Exhaust is essentially the Borla Touring. Borla's S-type is the one I would go with, but they do not have it available with the standard bed yet. Should be ready by end of month is what they told me??

You can't go wrong with the GM Exhaust though, if you're looking for added performance, not obnoxiously loud, and no drone, then go with it! Good luck and post a few sound clips.    

1 hour ago, TNTSilverado said:

I am stuck between this and the Corsa sport exhaust and GM's Exhaust. I keep kicking around whether I want to spend $1300+ on an exhaust. (Or should I say my wife is the one who is saying it's not worth it!! LOL) The Corsa Sport is a bit louder when accelerating, and only one that is available on standard bed. The Gm Exhaust is essentially the Borla Touring. Borla's S-type is the one I would go with, but they do not have it available with the standard bed yet. Should be ready by end of month is what they told me??

You can't go wrong with the GM Exhaust though, if you're looking for added performance, not obnoxiously loud, and no drone, then go with it! Good luck and post a few sound clips.    

And I’m actually stuck between 3.0 diesel (in which case the exhaust upgrade isn’t available) and the 5.3 with performance exhaust. Ordering a short bed SLT loaded so the 5.3 with PExhaust is actually a few dollars less if you compare the $2495 diesel up charge. Have driven German diesels since 2014 and the in-line 3.0 GM diesel is sweet and comparatively refined. Now that it’s been on the road for 1+ years I’m guessing the kinks are worked out?  My experience is that diesels like highway miles. 

6 minutes ago, LowCountrySLT said:

And I’m actually stuck between 3.0 diesel (in which case the exhaust upgrade isn’t available) and the 5.3 with performance exhaust. Ordering a short bed SLT loaded so the 5.3 with PExhaust is actually a few dollars less if you compare the $2495 diesel up charge. Have driven German diesels since 2014 and the in-line 3.0 GM diesel is sweet and comparatively refined. Now that it’s been on the road for 1+ years I’m guessing the kinks are worked out?  My experience is that diesels like highway miles. 

Totally agree. I have heard nothing but good things about this new diesel. It is quite, very quick for a diesel, gets excellent gas mileage, pulls very well. You can't go wrong with it if you like diesels.  I have never been a diesel guy, so that's why I went with the 6.2L.  The neighbor guy next door who owns a boat dealership, bought a new 19 5.3L last year and now is thinking about getting a 3.0L for his company truck, he, like you has said, let GM get the kinks out of new diesel, then going to buy one.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, LowCountrySLT said:

I've got it on the 6.2 so maybe a bit different, but I love it. It's right on that fine line of a nice noticeable exhaust note and obnoxious.  It sounds great in sport mode, but is more low key in regular mode.

The cold start is loud, not gonna lie. I feel a bit bad for my wife starting it up at 4:30 AM for work.

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2020 at 1:56 PM, Glava2876 said:

I just ordered the Performance exhaust and CAI through GMC accessories for my 2020 6.2 -though it did say that there is a 7-10 day back order. I was looking at GM sellers that gave discounts and what the shipping would be. Also knowing that putting the CAI on myself would mean taking it to the dealer for the computer update.

When I was on the GMC accessories site, it showed a discount based on how much you spend -which ends June 30th.  

Long story short, I bought them both with a 20% discount and no shipping cost, plus I'm having them shipped to the dealer to install -TOTAL INSTALLED cost for everything is $2,200.00, which IMO is pretty good. 

Got the truck back and I'm very happy with it!

The CAI cleans things up under the hood and looks like OEM -included the re-flash.

Really like the exhaust. Great sound when starting or accelerating, but nothing really different at 65-70mph.

The fit and finish is great, with both tips lining up just like they should.

I didn't do before and after recordings, since Zane Merva has the complete set available on his Truck and Product review of the one that they put on the Silverado. They are exactly what you get!

I love that they are now factory warranted and the paper work indicates to add both the the vehicle build for my VIN.

GMC PerformanceCAI.jpg

GMC PerformanceCAI2.jpg

GMC PerformanceExhaustDS.jpg

GMC PerformanceExhaustPS.jpg

GMC PerformanceExhaustPS2.jpg

Edited by Glava2876
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2020 at 9:05 AM, TNTSilverado said:

I'm partial, but I would go with the Borla S-Type over Corsa and Borla actually builds the GM exhaust. Its pretty much Borlas touring exhaust. My Borla and CAI installed was $1500. Expect to pay over $2000 for the others.

Edited by bigdog2005

Got the 2020 Sierra Denali 6.2 with the CAI and  CAT Back exhaust.  EVERYONE asking...IT’S WORTH IT!  If you’re thinking about it,  get it!  It sounds AWESOME!  It’s not obnoxious.  It’s not noticeable at cruising speed but off the line and under hard acceleration it sounds powerful and bad ass!  I highly recommend it!

On 7/15/2020 at 6:09 PM, dane0254 said:

bigdog2005, 

Did you have to have the computer flashed after the install? How do you like it? Thanks I am leaning your way. 

I did not have to have it flashed and seemed to wake it up. The GM package is overrated, overpriced and the so called flash makes no noticeable difference. When I inquired about it at the dealerships performance shop, they are the ones who told me to go aftermarket that the GM CAI and exhaust (made by Borla) was okay but better options. 

The Borla is less expensive than the GMPP exhaust, but unless they have added it recently they don't have one for a crew cab with the 6.5' bed.  It is easy to install the Borla yourself and it doesn't affect warranty or emissions.  The CAI does need to be emissions legal.  

So for many, the GMPP is the only option and if you buy and install yourself it's price isn't terrible.  The dealer told me the only thing the flash did was delete the air filter minder alert.

On the Chevy Accessories site, there are three different performance exhaust upgrade systems.  There is the one that is the GM Performance exhaust, pn-84527234.  The other two are identical to each other except they come with Borla tips pn-19419433 and 19419437.  I noticed that the GM Performance one is a single in/single out muffler, and the other two are single in/dual out mufflers.  Is one system better than the other?

Is anyone familiar with this Borla system from GM?  

image.png.0cccb65fb08764de7f926fdf1089f9b3.png 

5 hours ago, PhilB said:

On the Chevy Accessories site, there are three different performance exhaust upgrade systems.  There is the one that is the GM Performance exhaust, pn-84527234.  The other two are identical to each other except they come with Borla tips pn-19419433 and 19419437.  I noticed that the GM Performance one is a single in/single out muffler, and the other two are single in/dual out mufflers.  Is one system better than the other?

Is anyone familiar with this Borla system from GM?  

image.png.0cccb65fb08764de7f926fdf1089f9b3.png 

I am no expert but I think the one on the left is an upgrade for factory true dual exhaust systems