Infotainment goes full brightness with rear backup camera on at night

Does anybody else have an issue at night, when they go to backup, that the infotainment backup camera goes to full brightness and blinds you?  Is there anyway to turn the brightness down?  It is very difficult to see with that blaring in your face and makes it near impossible to see out your window and into your mirrors.  I know this was an issue in the 2017 trucks that I had read they came up with some sort of fix. Is there any way to reduce the brightness in the new 2019s?  I have looked through the infotainment settings and don't see anything.  I have also tried using the buttons that reduce the brightness of the dash lights and that does not adjust the screen brightness.  I am hoping I am just missing something but if not I plan to report this to GM.  Just wanted to get as much info as I can before reporting it as a safety concern.  

I have a 2019 Sierra Denali 1500 with HD surround vision.

I drive a '17 and it is terribly bright. I have dimmed my instrument panel all the way down and it does not seem to help to dim the screen much (if any). I just assumed it was the license plate lamps washing it out. I agree that it is so bright I, too, cannot hardly see out of my passenger side mirror.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, solucky63 said:

Does anybody else have an issue at night, when they go to backup, that the infotainment backup camera goes to full brightness and blinds you?  Is there anyway to turn the brightness down?  It is very difficult to see with that blaring in your face and makes it near impossible to see out your window and into your mirrors.  I know this was an issue in the 2017 trucks that I had read they came up with some sort of fix. Is there any way to reduce the brightness in the new 2019s?  I have looked through the infotainment settings and don't see anything.  I have also tried using the buttons that reduce the brightness of the dash lights and that does not adjust the screen brightness.  I am hoping I am just missing something but if not I plan to report this to GM.  Just wanted to get as much info as I can before reporting it as a safety concern.  

I have a 2019 Sierra Denali 1500 with HD surround vision.

Yes, I just got my truck and noticed it does this as well... It's bad and makes me stop the truck to get my bearings because it kind of shocks me. I keep my dash lights really dim so when this goes on full blast as soon as I put the truck in reverse it's not good. I will be reporting this to the dealer because it's definitely a safety issue, my last truck didn't do it so there has to be something wrong.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely hate this "feature".  Your eyes cannot adjust from the extreme brightness of the screen to looking at your mirrors while backing up.  GM needs to fix this asap!

37 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

There is a programming update to address the brightness on the 17-18 Silverado/Sierra and 18-19 Colorado Canyon screens in reverse.  #17-NA-269. 

Has anyone had this done? Curious to see how big a difference it makes before I drive an hr. to the dealership...

Edited by NCPGMC

11 minutes ago, NCPGMC said:

Has anyone had this done? Curious to see how big a difference it makes before I drive an hr. to the dealership...

I've seen a few people with that complaint get it done and were fine with it after. 

Mine is like this also lights up the cab like a 5000k LED light. Now on our 17 Malibu it also did this so I went out a bought some static cling tint and applied it over the screen cant tell its even there and now its nice when the camera comes on in reverse mode, haven't done the truck yet. And yes the touch screen still works with the static cling tint.

Same here, at night it's pretty much worthless. My 2014 camera at was very good, the 2018 is garbage. I took it to the dealer they said it's fine, fking aholes.