chirping noise ,still not addressed

Annnnnnnnnnnd they had it for 2 full days and put multiple technicians on it and literally cant figure it out......

At this point they basically said it has to get worse for them to try and identify.  They checked all the pulleys, tensioners, idlers, alternator, AC compressor, you name it they went through just about every accessory attached to the engine and nothing was out of spec.  They cleaned and treated all the belts, pulleys, tensioners, etc and also nothing.

Essentially it has to get worse before they can do anything.  Funny thing is I will be in a ford or dodge before it does.

Tundras are great I would totally buy one if I didnt care about the looks of my vehicles.
Agreed! It only took them 14 years to update the truck. Interesting news about the powertrain coming out, too. Imo, I'd still take my Trail Boss LT over the Tundra.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Transient said:

Agreed! It only took them 14 years to update the truck. Interesting news about the powertrain coming out, too. Imo, I'd still take my Trail Boss LT over the Tundra.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yea its tough they make a great truck.  I also have a buddy that is a GM for Nissan and I really tried to like the Titan but I dunno neither the Titan or Tundra do it for me from the exterior.  Like my Trailboss there isnt really a single thing id change.  If I got a Titan or Tundra id need to lift it, add fender flares to dress up the exterior, new wheels, tires, etc.  Plus i wanted the 6.2L which no other manufacturer really has a competing gas engine unless you step up to the heavy duty trucks.

We will see how long I last with my Trailboss though.  Im glad mechanically its sound and 100% perfect but man the noise is killing me I may just have to flash it to eliminate the Active Fuel Management and then just drive it always turning off the auto-start.  That would resolve 99% of my issues.

15 hours ago, 2021TrailbossLTMA said:

Tundras are great I would totally buy one if I didnt care about the looks of my vehicles.

Thats funny coming from a guy that has the ugliest designed truck in history, from the back to the front. 

• Like 1

Before i bought my Truck. I went to the dealership. I got the keys to the actual truck i would be purchasing. I drove it down the road  and stopped in a big parking lot. I looked over the whole truck (had a car guy with me that pays close attention to everything. We drove the truck on the expressway , on a tiny road . thru town . I played with the radio seats mirrors. Looked under the hood and every inch of the body.  Had it out for about a hour and a half. It had  4 miles on it. when i got back to the stealership with it it was like  32 miles. 

This is the point i went in and sat down and signed the papers.

I knew the Fuel injection system was loud, it had stupid cheap tires on it. The suspension (shocks in my opinion ) are trash .It only has one usb port and  that im not so happy about not having a manual tailgate latch. The so called resonator / stupid flap in the exhaust i also noticed . 

My POINT..  Well i think its self explained above .. Know what your buying before you buy it. if you decide you do not like it because of a quark it has . Just trade it in and move on . 

Good Luck with your Truck or new almost truck should you decide you cant live with the quarks of a Chevy. Grass is not greener no matter where you go. except Kentucky  our grass is blue .(yeah we are all color blind apparently)  

Thanks for reading.

6 hours ago, ericarenee said:

Before i bought my Truck. I went to the dealership. I got the keys to the actual truck i would be purchasing. I drove it down the road  and stopped in a big parking lot. I looked over the whole truck (had a car guy with me that pays close attention to everything. We drove the truck on the expressway , on a tiny road . thru town . I played with the radio seats mirrors. Looked under the hood and every inch of the body.  Had it out for about a hour and a half. It had  4 miles on it. when i got back to the stealership with it it was like  32 miles. 

This is the point i went in and sat down and signed the papers.

I knew the Fuel injection system was loud, it had stupid cheap tires on it. The suspension (shocks in my opinion ) are trash .It only has one usb port and  that im not so happy about not having a manual tailgate latch. The so called resonator / stupid flap in the exhaust i also noticed . 

My POINT..  Well i think its self explained above .. Know what your buying before you buy it. if you decide you do not like it because of a quark it has . Just trade it in and move on . 

Good Luck with your Truck or new almost truck should you decide you cant live with the quarks of a Chevy. Grass is not greener no matter where you go. except Kentucky  our grass is blue .(yeah we are all color blind apparently)  

Thanks for reading.

So not my first Chevy.  I’ve had a 96 Tahoe 2 door, 99 ss Camaro, 01 Tahoe, 03 Silverado ss, 05 suburban, 08 Escalade ext, 2013 Tahoe and 2017 Tahoe.

I drove the trailboss about 15 miles on the test drive my dealer is good they let me take it as long as I want.

it was raining out so didn’t have windows down.  Buddy has 2020 AT4 6.2L.  He doesn’t have the squeak/squeal.  I didn’t hear it much during test drive and figured moisture on belt.

I get that no brand is perfect I’ve had a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 and an f250 they all have their quirks.  The noise is just obnoxious is all.

its 100% the afm.  I’ve driven the past 2 days in manual L9 and it’s gone.  Second I use regular drive it comes back.  I’ll chalk it up as shitty Chevy quality control I’ve dealt with it before.  If taking it out of afm mode didn’t work I’d def be trading.  I absolutely love the truck but man if I were stuck with that noise I’d go insane ? 

2 hours ago, 2021TrailbossLTMA said:

So not my first Chevy.  I’ve had a 96 Tahoe 2 door, 99 ss Camaro, 01 Tahoe, 03 Silverado ss, 05 suburban, 08 Escalade ext, 2013 Tahoe and 2017 Tahoe.

I drove the trailboss about 15 miles on the test drive my dealer is good they let me take it as long as I want.

it was raining out so didn’t have windows down.  Buddy has 2020 AT4 6.2L.  He doesn’t have the squeak/squeal.  I didn’t hear it much during test drive and figured moisture on belt.

I get that no brand is perfect I’ve had a 2015 Dodge Ram 1500 and an f250 they all have their quirks.  The noise is just obnoxious is all.

its 100% the afm.  I’ve driven the past 2 days in manual L9 and it’s gone.  Second I use regular drive it comes back.  I’ll chalk it up as shitty Chevy quality control I’ve dealt with it before.  If taking it out of afm mode didn’t work I’d def be trading.  I absolutely love the truck but man if I were stuck with that noise I’d go insane ? 

If you are driving in  l9  your doing more then just turning off the afm .your preventing torque converter from locking up .Maybe your noise is something in that area or system.

I have a strange issue with my  express van that nobody has ever been able to solve. They told me the same  it is what it is unless it fails or gets worse as we just cant find a issue.. Its a random vibration noise on express way . Only does it when the van is not loaded. good thing its almost always loaded. 

These things get more and more complicated to squeeze more economy and less emissions which adds to finding these so called quirks  

I just wish people would stop buying trucks who do not need trucks so they were so stupidly over priced and complicated .

Edited by ericarenee

1 hour ago, ericarenee said:

If you are driving in  l9  your doing more then just turning off the afm .your preventing torque converter from locking up .Maybe your noise is something in that area or system.

I have a strange issue with my  express van that nobody has ever been able to solve. They told me the same  it is what it is unless it fails or gets worse as we just cant find a issue.. Its a random vibration noise on express way . Only does it when the van is not loaded. good thing its almost always loaded. 

These things get more and more complicated to squeeze more economy and less emissions which adds to finding these so called quirks  

I just wish people would stop buying trucks who do not need trucks so they were so stupidly over priced and complicated .

I hadn’t heard the part of the converter not locking up?  I’ve had a converter go on me before and I know the slipping feeling associated with it when it’s not locking up abs it doesn’t feel like that?

honestly it shifts perfectly and the same as if I’m in drive?

Not saying you are wrong I just haven’t noticed a difference and I’ve gotten on the gas to get on the highway or pass on the highway so seem fine?

I’ll be happy when range comes out with a module though.

I agree though things are way too ****ing complicated now on vehicles.  I hate that auto-stop is always on unless I turn it off every time I start the truck.  Also i asked since it seemed like the afm was causing the issue (or something associated with the afm) if they could turn it off and drive it to see if it went away and they said Chevy doesn’t even give them the ability to turn it off because it’s what gets then their emissions ratings.  I didn’t know about putting it in L9 at the time so next time I bring the truck in for it’s first service I’ll take the shop foreman out who I worked with and show him what I mean about the afm.

Trucks have become mainstream toys now.  They no longer are mainly available for people to put to work they are luxury vehicles at this point.  Don’t get me wrong I like the creature comforts in them but it’s why people buy them even though they may never use them and prices just keep going up.

My 2019 Sierra Denali 6.2 does the same thing, my 2017 Yukon Denali 6.2 does the same thing, my 2018 Yukon Denali 6.2 does the same thing. If all 3 of my 6.2 cars do it, I think it's normal, but why it's normal confuses me.