“Climate Control Off” message?

Hey everyone,

I had seen this message once before on my Silverado but it went away after I turned off the vehicle and back on a few minutes later so I didn’t think much of it.

I’ve been seeing it again frequently whenever I make any changes to the climate control (fan speed, temperature settings, etc) it will only day “Climate Control Off” instead of what I’m actually changing. It seems like it’s taking my changes though, if I turn the fan speed up I can hear the fan speed increase but the display will only show me that message.

This also just “happened” to start again after a recent infotainment software update. So it could definitely be related.

Has anyone else seen this before? I didn’t mind it as much the first time because it went away and I didn’t see it again. Now I’ve seen it about 4 times in the last couple of days.

The only way to “fix” it has been to turn the truck off for 3-5 minutes then turn it back on then I’ll see all of my changes properly displayed on the screen.

Now it’s just annoying.

what it means is the auto climate controls are not working, manual temp hot/cold, vent selection, speed seem to work for me. Mine's at the dealer now and they have seen the display show not working, we'll see what happens.

• Like 1

Update, good news is GM is aware there is an issue, bad news no fix yet.  

Thanks for the update! I guess I’ll hold off on taking my truck in for this issue. Hopefully they release a fix for it quickly

• 2 weeks later...

Mine did it last week after a dealer visit, and not for that issue, they did the brake and trailer software updates and fixed leaking rear window, started it up when I picked it up and there it was, the first time I saw it. As I drove out of the parking lot it went away and I haven't seen it since, that was last Wednesday night. 

I just noticed this issue a couple of days ago.  The first few times I thought it was telling me that the climate system was off because I turned it off.  But now it appears every time I do anything with the system.  I opened the Climate app and it just says Climate Off.  It has the ON/OFF button displayed.  When I tap it, I can hear the fan turn on or off so I know it kind of works.  But it does not work at all to make any other changes to the system.  I tried this on my profile and the Guest profile - no luck.  

18 hours ago, Josh said:

We just got this issue today with our site project truck.  Will keep you guys posted on what we figure out..

Same issue here, 2019 Canyon. Thanks for the info. 

Mine is doing that also for the past week or so. Does anyone elses backup camera keep changing itself to a different view? I always only want the split screen showing rear view plus the overhead but it keeps defaulting back to the rear view only (but only messes up every 6th time so you never know)

34 minutes ago, Dawgfan675 said:

Mine is doing that also for the past week or so. Does anyone elses backup camera keep changing itself to a different view? I always only want the split screen showing rear view plus the overhead but it keeps defaulting back to the rear view only (but only messes up every 6th time so you never know)

Yup. Usually if you remote start it or give it some time for the systems to boot before backing out, it will be less likely to switch the birds eye view off on you. Supposedly there is a bypass mode that is required to kick on the reverse camera right away, even if the rest of the system’s cameras aren’t ready.

But unfortunately even waiting before taking off is not infallible; I had it switch on me after driving for 45 minutes yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...