GREAT news! DFM disable coming soon

4 hours ago, Zach-91 said:

I got an email from range today and they are sending me a beta unit for testing. Told me it shipped today, so looks like things are moving forward. 

Awesome man. I signed up for beta testing but no email for me. I’m assuming I was not picked. Please keep us updated. 

Edit. I also got an email so I sent back my info so I hope they send out soon. I am excited to see how well it works. 

Edited by Bob Ross
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bob Ross said:

Awesome man. I signed up for beta testing but no email for me. I’m assuming I was not picked. Please keep us updated. 

Edit. I also got an email so I sent back my info so I hope they send out soon. I am excited to see how well it works. 

Nice. Hopefully things go well. I've been looking at getting a carven catback as well but was on the fence because I didn't want to have to deal with the helicopter noise from deactivated cylinders. 

I am however supposed to be taking my truck in next Monday and getting a loaner and have no idea how long they will have it. Hopefully it's pretty quick so I can try out the new toy. 

Can I just ask does the DFM really bug some of you ? This is not an insult in anyway but just wondering why .  Not coming here to pee on cheerios but i honestly dont notice mine most of the time. 

54 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Can I just ask does the DFM really bug some of you ? This is not an insult in anyway but just wondering why .  Not coming here to pee on cheerios but i honestly dont notice mine most of the time. 

I purchased a 2020 silverado with the 5.3 and I honestly can't really tell its doing anything.  I do both city and highway driving and it is wayyy better than the AFM that was on my 2018 silverado.  Was planning on buying one of these but am gonna hold off since DFM really does seem to be a major improvement over AFM from the previous gen.  Time will tell though.

Edited by RadoRage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, f8l vnm said:

It didn't bug me as much until I installed exhaust on the truck. 

2 hours ago, ddore19931 said:

i just received my email stating i was selected for the beta testing. will keep everyone posted on how it works.

I just shot them an e-mail too and received a response within 5 minutes, so I guess I will be beta testing one of these also!  I guess they were desperate for a 6.2L/10-speed combo!

1 minute ago, lapoolboy said:

I just shot them an e-mail too and received a response within 5 minutes, so I guess I will be beta testing one of these also!  I guess they were desperate for a 6.2L/10-speed combo!

How are you liking that 6.2 with the 10 speed? I don’t hear any complaints about them but people are constantly complaining about the 8 speed. I wish I would have gotten the 6.2 but they didn’t offer it as an rst model at the time and I don’t want 4wheel drive either. 

2 minutes ago, ddore19931 said:

How are you liking that 6.2 with the 10 speed? I don’t hear any complaints about them but people are constantly complaining about the 8 speed. I wish I would have gotten the 6.2 but they didn’t offer it as an rst model at the time and I don’t want 4wheel drive either. 

I absolutely love it.  The 10-speed is butter smooth and the 6.2 has plenty of power on tap.  It is FAR superior to the 5.3/6-speed I had in my 2017.