GREAT news! DFM disable coming soon

On 2/19/2020 at 4:38 PM, hotrodz37 said:

Awesome, keep us posted! Appreciate you being the guinea pig haha

Also curious to see if like with the AFM disable it, as a byproduct, disables start/stop as well which would be sweet. 

It disables stop/start as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mudcon said:

I have been testing it for the last 4 days. So far so good. 

That's good news.  

How differently does the truck drive with DFM disabled? 

Do you have stock exhaust? If not, how does it sound when driving? 

21 minutes ago, DuRsT said:

That's good news.  

How differently does the truck drive with DFM disabled? 

Do you have stock exhaust? If not, how does it sound when driving? 

The main thing I noticed is the little bogg is gone if I am crusing 45-60 and start up a hill. I assum it was from DFM kicking off but it is going. I have the gm performance exhaust on my 6.2.  I only hear the exhaust when I get down on it. The gm performance exhaust is pretty quite at crusing speeds. 

18 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

Crap!  I just realized something....my Amp Research steps are plugged into my OBD2 port!  I guess I'll just have to unplug them and plug in the Range every time I get in the truck.  I wonder if it would work with one of the OBD2 port splitters?  

Yes the amp splitter works great. I use the range start/stop disable and both the steps and range device work great. 
Amp splitter is beautiful quality compared to others. 
Tom

Crap!  I just realized something....my Amp Research steps are plugged into my OBD2 port!  I guess I'll just have to unplug them and plug in the Range every time I get in the truck.  I wonder if it would work with one of the OBD2 port splitters?  

Have a chance to try yours out yet?@lapoolboy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all, day 2 with my beta unit and I must say so far so good. I can hear from my exhaust that I am in V8 all the time and  also I can feel the difference in the pedal. There is no more lag of cylinders turning back on when I hit the gas its just power all the time. I have not been on the highway much but the 40 miles highway so far show that the MPG is about the same as before with DFM on. I have tried it with both remote start and normal starting and everything seems to be just fine. I am not seeing the blue light on the range when the truck is off, so it would seem that there is no power to the OBD II port but time will tell for that. Tomorrow (Sunday) I am going on a 300 mile drive which is do frequently and I know the MPG and the ride well so that will be a good comparison. Oh and no more hitting the button to turn off auto stop/start. So at least for me on day 2 of beta I am loving this product. 

• Like 4

Good to hear things are going well. Mines still stuck sitting in the box as my truck still vibrated yesterday when I went in to test drive to see if I was happy with the latest fix they offered me. Hopefully just a few more days till I can try it out. 

21 hours ago, Bob Ross said:

Hey all, day 2 with my beta unit and I must say so far so good. I can hear from my exhaust that I am in V8 all the time and  also I can feel the difference in the pedal. There is no more lag of cylinders turning back on when I hit the gas its just power all the time. I have not been on the highway much but the 40 miles highway so far show that the MPG is about the same as before with DFM on. I have tried it with both remote start and normal starting and everything seems to be just fine. I am not seeing the blue light on the range when the truck is off, so it would seem that there is no power to the OBD II port but time will tell for that. Tomorrow (Sunday) I am going on a 300 mile drive which is do frequently and I know the MPG and the ride well so that will be a good comparison. Oh and no more hitting the button to turn off auto stop/start. So at least for me on day 2 of beta I am loving this product. 

Good to hear. this has been one of the things keeping me from getting a new truck. I currently have a 4.8 because it was the only engine option without AFM at the time.

I am anxious to see fuel economy numbers without the DFM on 5.3L and 6.2L trucks. I was leaning toward the 2500hd to get a non AFM/DFM engine.

Please update us with numbers. 

Thanks for your efforts testing this.

Chris