GREAT news! DFM disable coming soon

12 hours ago, jail4u677 said:

You said the Auto Stop is easy to disengage.  How so?

There is a switch on the dash to shut it off. The only bad part is it resets when you shut the truck off.

Jay

Edited by Jay P

1 hour ago, No Coast Rider said:

Push the button on the dash

I have a 2019 AT4 and have searched the manual and my dash but I'm not sure if I'm just overlooking it.  Can you post a picture of the button you're speaking about?

12 hours ago, jail4u677 said:

You said the Auto Stop is easy to disengage.  How so?

There is a switch on the dash to shut it off. The only bad part is it resets when you shut the truck off.

Jay

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 11.51.03.png

Edited by Jay P

Just an update, went on a nearly 700 mile trip towing and on the way up through the mountains my 10 speed was still shifting weird like it has been and I did notice the surge alot more around 35-40 mph in the mountain roads.  On the way back the surge was so bad I pulled over and turned the truck off and took the range out.  On the way home the trans shifted great and the surge of course was gone.  On the way up I got 11-12 mph and on the way back with out the range I was getting 14-15mpg.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SquireSCA said:

Could the surging be due to HOW the range box works?  Does it intermittently send a throttle input signal to the ECU to make it think you are stepping on the gas to get it to go to 8 cyl mode?

I have spoken to Range about this transmission surge and this is their answer. 

These new transmissions have an aggressive PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) torque converter that is designed so you don’t fell the firm LOCK like you used to when the Torque converter locks. It gradually locks it but when it does the truck will have a slight shudder. If it happens around 45+ MPH or so.

8 hours ago, Bob Ross said:

I have spoken to Range about this transmission surge and this is their answer. 

These new transmissions have an aggressive PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) torque converter that is designed so you don’t fell the firm LOCK like you used to when the Torque converter locks. It gradually locks it but when it does the truck will have a slight shudder. If it happens around 45+ MPH or so.

Not what I'm feeling.  There's no way

Yea its not what I am feeling either.  As of this week they are telling me the 10 speed is the only issue they have had and they are going to release it without the listing for the 6.2 with the 10 speed and will continue to investigate it and work on it for the 6.2.

Started feeling a slight surge when cruising at a steady speed between 30-40mph. Added a S&B CAI this week and not sure if it has caused this or if I can just hear it happening now because the intake is noisier. 

5.3l 8 speed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2020 at 9:16 AM, e.texerado said:

looks like for 8 speed only?

image.thumb.png.d606abc295ee51af23e934ee493f416c.png

Oops I didn’t notice the transmission speed. I just ordered one and my transmission is the 10 speed.  Guess I will have to cancel order.