GREAT news! DFM disable coming soon

6 minutes ago, Mudcon said:

True only time will tell really.  The anwser was going to DFM and dropping different cyl at different times and down to 1 at times.  Over all to me it is the same thing it what it will do over time but just might take alittle longer.  But time will really tell.  I just like the smoothness of the 10 speed transmission so I hope it is something that will get sorted out to not affect the trans shifting. 

My assumption is that with DFM it is constantly changing all the time, so it's never a pattern of the same cylinders shutting down for any length of time, so a lot of the lubrication and lifter issues may be alleviated...

Just now, bshort said:

Any of the beta testers do some serious towing yet?  

I am not sure the exact weight you would consider serious towing but I have towed many times with the beta unit up to 6000 lbs. I honestly can't say I feel much difference towing when pulling. When towing and cruising the DFM may kick in without the range but I can not say 100%. I have not had issues either way. 

2 hours ago, Bob Ross said:

I am not sure the exact weight you would consider serious towing but I have towed many times with the beta unit up to 6000 lbs. I honestly can't say I feel much difference towing when pulling. When towing and cruising the DFM may kick in without the range but I can not say 100%. I have not had issues either way. 

I primarily tow and the DFM will kick in during lower throttle inputs.  

6 hours ago, Mudcon said:

Has any of the testers noticed the trans shifting different on the 10 speed trans with the range hooked up?

I notice it seems to shift different as well on my 10 spd.  Much closer to sport mode is the best way I know to describe it.  It also does a slight surge if you are cruising at very low speed on fairly flat road (i.e. in a neighborhood) between 1000-1300 rpm.

1 hour ago, Robwcormack said:

I notice it seems to shift different as well on my 10 spd.  Much closer to sport mode is the best way I know to describe it.  It also does a slight surge if you are cruising at very low speed on fairly flat road (i.e. in a neighborhood) between 1000-1300 rpm.

I have noticed that too.

I've towed but not 8000 pound loads. It tows well, and having had lifter issues with an earlier GMC I really like that it keeps the DFM from kicking in when I'm towing (or any time for that matter).

I've been seeing the slight surge that some of you are seeing, and will be doing some additional testing for Range.

7 hours ago, RaStahmann said:

I've towed but not 8000 pound loads. It tows well, and having had lifter issues with an earlier GMC I really like that it keeps the DFM from kicking in when I'm towing (or any time for that matter).

I've been seeing the slight surge that some of you are seeing, and will be doing some additional testing for Range.

correct me if I'm wrong but does the dfm and auto stop/start are disabled when the 4 or 7 pin trailer plug has something plugged into it?

2 hours ago, snork said:

correct me if I'm wrong but does the dfm and auto stop/start are disabled when the 4 or 7 pin trailer plug has something plugged into it?

I think someone here posted that they experienced that, however I have never confirmed that myself. @bshort posted above that when towing they experience the DFM kicking in during low throttle inputs.

10 hours ago, RaStahmann said:

I think someone here posted that they experienced that, however I have never confirmed that myself. @bshort posted above that when towing they experience the DFM kicking in during low throttle inputs.

I have the GM performance exhaust and can hear DFM kick in when pulling the travel trailer out of the neighborhood.  I want to say that it even kicked in with M9.  

I had a 2015 with the 5.3 and the Range was a game changer, the AFM was horrible and caused throttle lag and surging, I hated the truck because of it. The Range improved my driving experience and got me an extra 1 MPG. My wife also has a 2018 Buick Regal TourX with Auto Stop that cant be disabled and we hate that feature but love the car. Luckily Range makes a product for that and now we have Auto Stop disabled in the Buick.

I just a got new 2020 Sierra with the 5.3 with DFM and I have to say I can't notice it engaging at all, it works just like it should. Not sure I would spend the money on a Range for this truck since the system actually works well, and the Auto Stop is easy to disengage. But I'll probably end up buying it anyway just to try.

14 hours ago, No Coast Rider said:

I had a 2015 with the 5.3 and the Range was a game changer, the AFM was horrible and caused throttle lag and surging, I hated the truck because of it. The Range improved my driving experience and got me an extra 1 MPG. My wife also has a 2018 Buick Regal TourX with Auto Stop that cant be disabled and we hate that feature but love the car. Luckily Range makes a product for that and now we have Auto Stop disabled in the Buick.

I just a got new 2020 Sierra with the 5.3 with DFM and I have to say I can't notice it engaging at all, it works just like it should. Not sure I would spend the money on a Range for this truck since the system actually works well, and the Auto Stop is easy to disengage. But I'll probably end up buying it anyway just to try.

You said the Auto Stop is easy to disengage.  How so?