GREAT news! DFM disable coming soon

13 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

I just shot them an e-mail too and received a response within 5 minutes, so I guess I will be beta testing one of these also!  I guess they were desperate for a 6.2L/10-speed combo!

Curious to see if this will help with the rumble on decel we're experiencing. Doubtful but you never know! 

2 minutes ago, hotrodz37 said:

Curious to see if this will help with the rumble on decel we're experiencing. Doubtful but you never know! 

He is shipping one out to me today!  I'll let you know soon.  That is the #1 thing I am curious about myself and is the sole reason I agreed to test.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

He is shipping one out to me today!  I'll let you know soon.  That is the #1 thing I am curious about myself and is the sole reason I agreed to test.

Awesome, keep us posted! Appreciate you being the guinea pig haha

Also curious to see if like with the AFM disable it, as a byproduct, disables start/stop as well which would be sweet. 

Edited by hotrodz37

2 minutes ago, hotrodz37 said:

Awesome, keep us posted! Appreciate you being the guinea pig haha

Also curious to see if like with the AFM disable it, as a byproduct, disables start/stop as well which would be sweet. 

It DOES disable auto start/stop.

His email to me specifically answered that question.  The device will disable the DFM AND disable the auto stop/start.  There is no selecting between the two....it is all or nothing when plugged into OBD2.

3 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

It DOES disable auto start/stop.

His email to me specifically answered that question.  The device will disable the DFM AND disable the auto stop/start.  There is no selecting between the two....it is all or nothing when plugged into OBD2.

Heck yeah, that's great news! Look forward to hearing how it works out.

Got mine today. Unfortunately my truck is at the dealer getting a vibration diagnosed. Hoping to get it back by the weekend. 

Compared to AFM I agree it is not very noticeable. I am most interested in it because i plan to get the new carven catback soon and don't want the noise. Also happy that it disables the auto off feature. 

20200219_162638.jpg

• Like 1

Weird.

I emailed Range and they responded within 5 minutes stating the below:

If your vehicle is equipped with DFM we unfortunately do not have anything available for your particular application at this point in time. We are actively looking into developing products for vehicles equipped with DFM, but we do not have anything currently available or in beta testing for them. Thanks.

Range Technology Support

Mine should be here for beta testing this weekend.  Trust me, if you drive a 6.2 with Corsa exhaust and CAN'T tell when the DFM kicks in you would have to be deaf or not paying any attention whatsoever.  Its incredibly obvious.  Before the exhaust, I could tell mainly cuz I'm OCD about that stuff, but it wasn't all that obvious to someone who either wasn't listening for it or paying close attention.  Even before the Corsa exhaust broke in good it wasn't that terrible, and to be honest I wasn't real thrilled with the exhaust cuz it wasn't all that much louder or meaner than stock.  But after a few months that exhaust got good and broke in and significantly louder and sounds amazing.  You just hear and feel the stupid DFM.  I have a problem more so with the principle of being forced to use DFM if you want to own the best looking truck on the road.  Let it be an option, which you push a button to turn ON, not off.  Kinda how the auto stop start SHOULD be.  If I want to save gas (which is probably debatable anyway) then great, let me push a button to do so.  But if I didn't buy a damn 6.2 truck for gas mileage (hello 99% of us out there) then let me run all 8 all the time if I want.  Just another way our government wants to control our lives.

Damn, I fell off my soapbox!  Guess I'll stop now.

19 minutes ago, DuRsT said:

Weird.

I emailed Range and they responded within 5 minutes stating the below:

If your vehicle is equipped with DFM we unfortunately do not have anything available for your particular application at this point in time. We are actively looking into developing products for vehicles equipped with DFM, but we do not have anything currently available or in beta testing for them. Thanks.

Range Technology Support

We all know they are not selling them lol. But it sounds like to me that they have sent out all the beta testing units?

53 minutes ago, Robwcormack said:

Mine should be here for beta testing this weekend.  Trust me, if you drive a 6.2 with Corsa exhaust and CAN'T tell when the DFM kicks in you would have to be deaf or not paying any attention whatsoever.  Its incredibly obvious.  Before the exhaust, I could tell mainly cuz I'm OCD about that stuff, but it wasn't all that obvious to someone who either wasn't listening for it or paying close attention.  Even before the Corsa exhaust broke in good it wasn't that terrible, and to be honest I wasn't real thrilled with the exhaust cuz it wasn't all that much louder or meaner than stock.  But after a few months that exhaust got good and broke in and significantly louder and sounds amazing.  You just hear and feel the stupid DFM.  I have a problem more so with the principle of being forced to use DFM if you want to own the best looking truck on the road.  Let it be an option, which you push a button to turn ON, not off.  Kinda how the auto stop start SHOULD be.  If I want to save gas (which is probably debatable anyway) then great, let me push a button to do so.  But if I didn't buy a damn 6.2 truck for gas mileage (hello 99% of us out there) then let me run all 8 all the time if I want.  Just another way our government wants to control our lives.

Damn, I fell off my soapbox!  Guess I'll stop now.

You sound like me!!! We are OCD twins!! LOL.. I have the 2020 TB 5.3 10 speed and I can definitely feel it, sometimes the truck even stumbles getting on the gas from a slow turn... I was complaining about the exact same thing to my wife last night about the Auto stop and DFM... I bought a TRUCK not a Prius.. I want my 8 cylinders 100% of the time and don’t need my truck shutting off at every light or stop sign... I can’t see how it really helps Fuel mileage anyway... I’m averaging 15.1 MPG with over 5300 miles on my truck since I pulled off the lot, this is with DFM working... I look forward to tracking mileage after I can delete the DFM... Lets not even talk towing mileage.... 9.9 towing a 8x 12 90% highway... LOL... Rant over... I look forward to hearing how these test units work out..

12 minutes ago, scotman623 said:

You sound like me!!! We are OCD twins!! LOL.. I have the 2020 TB 5.3 10 speed and I can definitely feel it, sometimes the truck even stumbles getting on the gas from a slow turn... I was complaining about the exact same thing to my wife last night about the Auto stop and DFM... I bought a TRUCK not a Prius.. I want my 8 cylinders 100% of the time and don’t need my truck shutting off at every light or stop sign... I can’t see how it really helps Fuel mileage anyway... I’m averaging 15.1 MPG with over 5300 miles on my truck since I pulled off the lot, this is with DFM working... I look forward to tracking mileage after I can delete the DFM... Lets not even talk towing mileage.... 9.9 towing a 8x 12 90% highway... LOL... Rant over... I look forward to hearing how these test units work out..

L9 is your friend til u get a range brother.  L9 prevents DFM and cuts out the auto stop/start.  Yeah u lose use of 10th gear, but it's not that big of a difference.  With a 6.2 I'm averaging over 18mpg.  No towing anything heavy yet tho.  I lost my butt cuz i originally bought a 5.3 and the DFM with that 8 speed it had would feel like a cell phone on vibrate in the center console.  Drove me nuts, so i traded it 1 month later for a 6.2 and lost about $4K on the trade plus had to buy a truck that was $10K more expensive.  I love it though and wouldn't trade it for anything else.  Favorite truck I've ever had out of 12.