GREAT news! DFM disable coming soon

Nope. Same as it’s been for 8 months. Disables only the start/stop on the DFM 5.3 and 6.2.

6000 miles and I still haven’t been bothered by DFM one bit so I can’t imagine why everyone wants it gone so badly. Besides, the same shitty AFM/ DFM lifters are still in the engine regardless of if it’s active or not. Maybe there is a little less wear by keeping them pumped up all the time, but they are still weaker than normal lifters.

Hmm I could have sworn I saw something on their website and it says it does both. I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure I saw it somewhere. If I am wrong, I apologize.   

I would call them to confirm 

For my 6.2l from their website, under vehicles, at the bottom of the page.

No DFM disable available yet.

a8700e4364fbd489555e94bd1055623d.jpg

7 hours ago, Sin City Trail Boss said:

Hmm I could have sworn I saw something on their website and it says it does both. I could be wrong, but I was pretty sure I saw it somewhere. If I am wrong, I apologize. 

I would call them to confirm 

I have called them a couple times over the past months and they say they are still working on it and that they will update the website (posted by another user on this thread). Still no update with range and super chips is the same. So far no one that I know of stops this DFM. 

46 minutes ago, Marv’s Trailboss 19 said:

Why would you want to disable this?? 

Who knows some say it make the motor last longer etc I cant even tell mine engages same as auto stop I don't care for it but iam in the habit of turning it off everytime I drive it, no big deal to me. 

Who knows some say it make the motor last longer etc I cant even tell mine engages same as auto stop I don't care for it but iam in the habit of turning it off everytime I drive it, no big deal to me. 

I think you may be confused. How do you turn your DFM off? I can turn my auto start/stop off but the DFM is the 4 cylinder mode function of the ECU.

21 hours ago, Marv’s Trailboss 19 said:

Why would you want to disable this?? 

It's not good for the engine, especially lifters and valves.  Plus, it makes performance exhaust sound terrible for some.  I also don't like the fact that I don't have a choice on DFM.  If I want to use that "feature" or the auto stop/start to supposedly save fuel mileage, that's great and I could turn that feature on.  But I don't feel like it should be the default because most of the people that buy these trucks aren't buying them because they want good gas mileage.  Get a V6, diesel or turbo 4 if you want mileage but leave my V8 alone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lord.kinbote said:

Quick question in regard to the disabling the auto stop (not DFM) on the 2019, do you have to disable every time you start the truck or if you disable it retains the setting?

You have to disable it everytime you start the truck.

this company has had "coming soon" on 90% of their product line... i've been waiting since 2017 for one vehicle... still says coming soon.

it's smart marketing

I'm not bashing, but just don't get too fired up until it actually is available to buy.

if you call, depending on how you use the vehicle, they will ship you a beta unit

Edited by PabloK

• 4 weeks later...

I called them today and for the 2019's with the 6.2L and 10 speed transmission they only disable the Start/Stop. 

However if you put the truck into manual shifting mode and put it into 10th gear the truck will shift automatically, it will stay in 8cyl mode and it will disable Start/Stop too.

I love my truck the way it is. I get great mpg, no doubt. 

But......I really do wish we had the choice between DFM or just a regular fulltime 8 Cylinder mode. 

Lol, I also wish we had the 5.7 as an option and manual tranny too. 

Is it the EPA? - as to pretty much why we dont have the choice between DFM and non-dfm?

Someone nailed it, when they said " we dont buy full size pickups for great gas mileage "

I agree 110%

Edited by MacLaren

29 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

I love my truck the way it is. I get great mpg, no doubt. 

But......I really do wish we had the choice between DFM or just a regular fulltime 8 Cylinder mode. 

Lol, I also wish we had the 5.7 as an option and manual tranny too. 

Is it the EPA? - as to pretty much why we dont have the choice between DFM and non-dfm?

Someone nailed it, when they said " we dont buy full size pickups for great gas mileage "

I agree 110%

I wouldn’t swear to it, but I seem to recall a GM engineer mentioning the bailout and (call it what you wish) financial penalties for high emission, gas consuming vehicles they sold when I asked why they were so gung-ho about the 4-cyl in the full size truck & SUV. Reading between the lines, I took that as being either a condition of the bailout or the govt or both. No clue if any of that holds water or not as far as being true, but when I hear automotive industry forecasts, there is mention of combustion engines being phased out somehow. When I hear those types of predictions, I just think to myself, "I will believe it when I see it." I don’t see GM moving away from cylinder deactivation anytime soon though. Next gen truck will be telling, as it should run into or near 2030 & that seemed to be a milestone date for the reduction of combustion engine prediction talk. Anyone’s guess though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bmon007 said:

I called them today and for the 2019's with the 6.2L and 10 speed transmission they only disable the Start/Stop. 

However if you put the truck into manual shifting mode and put it into 10th gear the truck will shift automatically, it will stay in 8cyl mode and it will disable Start/Stop too.

M10 position would act the same as D on the DFM.  M10 position does disable stop/start that is correct.  Its the same on the 6 and 8 speed trucks, M6/M8 position is the same as D.  M9 or M5 or M7 however, those positions disable AFM/DFM.