EB supercharger on 2018 6.2L Sierra

38 minutes ago, MATTYICE26 said:

Any bad things to say about them? Anything I should be cautious of? Does the transmission hold up to the increase in tq and hp?

Answer to the tranny? NO. It could be fine if you're just loafing around most of the time, but if you actually use the power or drive the truck hard & work it like a truck, the tranny most likely won't hack it. Hell, the tranny/TC can barely handle the STOCK output of these trucks. The 8 speed was a "band-aid" by GM they knew/KNOW is flawed & was a temporary solution to "keep up w/ the jones's" until their joing-venture 10 speed developed w/ Ford could be implemented.

Whatever you do - yank ALL the AFM related hardware while you're at it going w/ a new cam/lifters & I'd also swap out the torque converter for a beefier/more well designed aftermarket. With a good tune & fresh fluid the tranny would have a better chance & not grenading itself w/ the AFM delete & TC upgrade. 

I would probably consider upgrading the driveshaft too if you're adding that much more HP - again, stock driveshafts have issue dealing w/ STOCK power levels - btw, you could punch a hole through your driveshaft w/ a screwdriver......you don't want it tearing apart on ya @ hwy speeds.

I no longer have a GM truck, but I do have a C5Z vette, alot of guys go w/ centrifugal style superchargers for peak HP + packaging, but if you notice all factory boosted GM engines go w/ roots type blowers....while may not make the same power, consensus is they're more reliable & truly drive like stock - Edelbrock's SC's are roots type bolt right on top.

I'm curious - has anyone succesfully transplanted the blower from an LSA or LT4 to a GM ecotec engine? Is it possible? I saw a G8 GT @ a car show last summer that had the blower from a wrecked CTS-V (LSA) - THAT would be an interesting build.....and may very well be cheaper/easier?

Lastly - I know you didn't mean it that way, but I had to chuckle @ "investment" - its a TERRIBLE investment, but it'll put a smile on your face & YOLO

Keep in mind - both Ford & RAM will be coming out w/ factory blown warrantied 700+HP trucks in the next year or so......

9 hours ago, MATTYICE26 said:

I am contemplating putting a EB supercharger on my 2018 6.2L GMC Sierra. Wanted to see if anyone had done this before? Was it worth the investment? Any issues? Thanks in advance. 

I have a Whipple 2.9 Liter Twin Screw supercharger on  my truck. No issues with mine. I drive it 100 miles a day and love it. I had a shop put it on for me. Any reasons wanting to go with EdelBrock? Whipple and Magnuson are the most popular for our trucks. 

10 minutes ago, MATTYICE26 said:

I was looking into whipple as well. The guy I spoke with recommended EB bc he said it gets you more HP and TQ for about the same cost and they had one of the best intercoolers for the price. 

Fair enough. I don't know much about the EdelBrock ones but they've been in business a long time and sure they make a quality product.  Hopefully someone else will chime in who has direct knowledge of that brand installed. Good luck to you. Looking forward to seeing it done. 

Whipple makes the most power hands down.  Edelbrock uses Eaton rotors and costs more money than the Maggie and SLP Eaton designs, that's why not many people use them .

Edited by qwank

On 4/16/2019 at 7:34 AM, crushNchowda said:

Answer to the tranny? NO. It could be fine if you're just loafing around most of the time, but if you actually use the power or drive the truck hard & work it like a truck, the tranny most likely won't hack it. Hell, the tranny/TC can barely handle the STOCK output of these trucks. The 8 speed was a "band-aid" by GM they knew/KNOW is flawed & was a temporary solution to "keep up w/ the jones's" until their joing-venture 10 speed developed w/ Ford could be implemented.

Whatever you do - yank ALL the AFM related hardware while you're at it going w/ a new cam/lifters & I'd also swap out the torque converter for a beefier/more well designed aftermarket. With a good tune & fresh fluid the tranny would have a better chance & not grenading itself w/ the AFM delete & TC upgrade. 

I would probably consider upgrading the driveshaft too if you're adding that much more HP - again, stock driveshafts have issue dealing w/ STOCK power levels - btw, you could punch a hole through your driveshaft w/ a screwdriver......you don't want it tearing apart on ya @ hwy speeds.

I no longer have a GM truck, but I do have a C5Z vette, alot of guys go w/ centrifugal style superchargers for peak HP + packaging, but if you notice all factory boosted GM engines go w/ roots type blowers....while may not make the same power, consensus is they're more reliable & truly drive like stock - Edelbrock's SC's are roots type bolt right on top.

I'm curious - has anyone succesfully transplanted the blower from an LSA or LT4 to a GM ecotec engine? Is it possible? I saw a G8 GT @ a car show last summer that had the blower from a wrecked CTS-V (LSA) - THAT would be an interesting build.....and may very well be cheaper/easier?

Lastly - I know you didn't mean it that way, but I had to chuckle @ "investment" - its a TERRIBLE investment, but it'll put a smile on your face & YOLO

Keep in mind - both Ford & RAM will be coming out w/ factory blown warrantied 700+HP trucks in the next year or so......

Been done. Theres a kit. 5300 for everything minus the tune

https://lsa-conversion-store.myshopify.com/collections/adm-performance-sale/products/2015-2018-lt4-truck-supercharger-install-kit-with-supercharger

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chev-mekanik said:

Who has the best tune that comes with a kit? I don’t have anyone close that can do a custom tune.

The only tuner i will let touchmy stuff if matt gower (GP Tuning) he is a beast with anything LS and LT