How much will prices drop?

I can get $11,8000 off MSRP right now on a Silverado 2WD Crew cab LT w/ all-star, convenience 2, trailer brake controller and bed protection package. I think I'm going to hold off a few months for budgeting purposes, but I'm hoping in a few months I can at least get the same deal.

Maybe when the 2018s are completely gone it will get better? But by then I'm assuming the 2020s will be rolling out of the factory or a month or two away.

Just looking at one dealership in my market a 2018 LT is only $12.5k off MSRP without the lease loyalty offer, so is that the most we should expect on a 2019?

Edited by sdkraemer

Rebates and dealer discount most I have ever seen in my area was around $13to $14k off the k2 in 16 when I bought mine. If you found the truck you love walk in the last weekend of the month and don't leave till you get the price you want.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I found a dealership local to me willing to do $12,000 off on an LTZ Z71, so the deals are getting better. I hope losing out to Ram in quarter 1 will light a fire under GM's ass. 

1 hour ago, sdkraemer said:

I can get $11,8000 off MSRP right now on a Silverado 2WD Crew cab LT w/ all-star, convenience 2, trailer brake controller and bed protection package. I think I'm going to hold off a few months for budgeting purposes, but I'm hoping in a few months I can at least get the same deal.

Maybe when the 2018s are completely gone it will get better? But by then I'm assuming the 2020s will be rolling out of the factory or a month or two away.

Just looking at one dealership in my market a 2018 LT is only $12.5k off MSRP without the lease loyalty offer, so is that the most we should expect on a 2019?

2020s dont start production until August.

6 minutes ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

2020s dont start production until August.

I was saying by the time the 2018s finally sell off we'd be a month or two away from when the 2020s come out of the factory. For example a dealership in the Scottsdale, AZ area still has 71 2018s. Not sure how long it would take them to clear out that inventory.

Check your Vin and build date. 1 Vin is us, 3 Vin Hecho en Mexico.

Trucks built before mid October 2018 could have severe rear window leak issues like mine.

I've been eyeing the leak thread. Do we know GM changed something with the assembly in the factory after mid October to fix the issue? Or is it just based on the trend of reports? I'm looking at a LT with the convenience package II so it would have the sliding rear window. It also has a November build date so I'm weary of moving forward with it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Others have reported in the leak thread it was a change of parts mid October but I can't confirm. Just check the headliner real good. Ask for an overnight test drive and soak the daylights out of it with a hose and check for leaks

The TSB states anything built prior to Oct. 1st might be affected. My mid-October built truck has been leak free over a brutal winter, rainy spring, and a couple high pressure washes per week, so this seems to correlate with their cut off date. I also don’t recall seeing anyone in that thread with a later built truck with the issue, but it’s up there in pages now so I may have missed it.

Bottom line is I wouldn’t be overly concerned with a November built truck, but certainly do your diligence as suggested. And if things do go astray, don’t take it to some of the dealers those people have used. They make a bad problem worse with sloppy ass work.

• Like 1

It's very common for newly designed cars to have a lot of problems but I'd expect a lot of them to be gone within 3 to 6 months. I am not hearing much about the rear window anymore.

Mine was $10k off. Actually, $9,750 off to be exact. I'm in Orange County and had to drive 50 miles away to get that deal. I didn't care what color it was, just wanted crew cab, center console, Android Auto, and $10k off.

It was unusual to see that much off for a newly redesigned 2019 Silverado though.. but I'm happy with the deal.

I think anything around $10K off MSRP is a "good deal" and, yeah, $12K or more is a great deal. 

I do wonder how Q1 sales will look for GM. I just have not seen many T1s on the road around DFW, which is wild. And as someone mentioned above, the local Chevy deal here (Classic Chevy) still has 139 2018 K2s on their lot. When the 2019's came out, they had them all lined up along the highway at the front of the lot. Now, all the 2018's are lined up there. 

I'm seeing a LOT of K2s on the highway lately, which is likely due to them being $10-$12k off MSRP right now, as dealers try to clear them. 

All that to say, I don't think GM had a great Q1 with the T1 trucks. Especially the Silverados. My guesstimate is anecdotal, FYI. 

• Like 1

Not sure what your driving now but I would wait for 2020.

I have a 19 an I HATE this new truck.

Would much rather have my 15.

They stripped these things down so much, I spent over 50 for a truck that makes me feel like I ordered wt.

Every day I drive it I want to hook my boat up and back it into a lake.

I hear a lot of options will be coming back after the new year.

Just my .02

• Haha 1