GM Employee pricing

I've started pulling together numbers on an AT4 and I have an immediate family member that is a GM employee. I havent pulled GM family discount but it was posted a while back on this site. It appears the deal you can get with a dealer surpasses the family discount. Has anyone on the forum validated the difference between a typical 10k reduction you can get on the show room floor and GM employee pricing?

I would prefer not to waste my family members time asking them to look up pricing if a showroom floor deal is going to be vastly better...

Thanks in advance...

I can't give you numbers but one seldom beats GM Employee pricing. It can be done but be prepared to do a lot of shopping. "Showroom price" not likely too be "vastly better".

Happy shopping.

I was able to get supplier pricing on my trail boss with no connection to gm. I believe right on the dealer invoice sheet it said what the educator, supplier, and employee prices were. I think the employee price was another 1k or so lower than supplier but that is just from memory so don't quote me on it. I don't have the sheet with me to check.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Employee discount with Ford was worse than the showroom. And I suspect it's the same with GM. I have consistently been able to beat Costco and CarsDirect.

1 hour ago, tbarn said:

I can give you a number. My Employee discount amounted to $2941 on a $54,255 truck. That's Employee discount only.

Mine was $5,000 off a $44K truck in 2017, plus the incentives, Was only a $500 rebate on my regular cab at the time.  

1 hour ago, Maize & Blue said:

I just signed on a ‘19 Sierra with employee pricing.  MSRP was $62,400.  Employee price was $56,300.  $6500 additional off the price in rebates brought the total before taxes to about $49,800.

Hope that helps.

AT4?

A lot of the time it depends how all the discounts stack. Some times you can't take all rebates and incentives and also use the full employee pricing. I think they just want to keep everybody guessing.