left leg space for driver

Anyone else feel like they can't find a comfortable position for their left leg while driving?  To me, it's like the angled wedge to rest your left foot on is about 2 inches too close to the driver, pretty steep angle too.  By the time I get my seat fully adjusted and far enough back for it to feel better I am way too far away from the steering wheel.  Resting my foot in front of the wedge is even worse.  After driving for even 10 minutes my leg is not happy.

Not my first Silverado by any means, I have owned every generation since 99' now.  I am 6'2" 215lbs, size 12 shoes. 

leg space.jpg

The position works for me, feels pretty natural actually.

I'm shorter than you though, 5 11 with a 32 inseam.

Which floor mat is that?  My dead pedal 'pad' came disbonded before I hit 500 miles...

20190422_160903.jpg

Edited by zzrsouth
add data

1 minute ago, zzrsouth said:

The position works for me, feels pretty natural actually.

Which floor mat is that?  My dead pedal 'pad' came disbonded before I hit 500 miles...

20190422_160903.jpg

They are the factory all weather mats.  They are really nice.

I'm 5'11", and the dead pedal position works well for my left foot. However, I have thought that if I was taller, it would not be very comfortable. 

I think the culprit here (IMO) is not the dead pedal position, but the fact that the steering wheel does not telescope far enough. I feel that I have to have the seat too far forward to comfortably reach the steering wheel. This is where adjustable pedals would have been nice, or for them to add another 1-2" of telescoping on the wheel itself. 

6 hours ago, econometrics said:

I'm 5'11", and the dead pedal position works well for my left foot. However, I have thought that if I was taller, it would not be very comfortable. 

I think the culprit here (IMO) is not the dead pedal position, but the fact that the steering wheel does not telescope far enough. I feel that I have to have the seat too far forward to comfortably reach the steering wheel. This is where adjustable pedals would have been nice, or for them to add another 1-2" of telescoping on the wheel itself. 

Yes, more telescoping and adjustable pedals would fix the problem for me.  I went straight from a 2018 to the 2019 and had zero issues with the 2018 for seating position though.  It didn't have adjustable pedals, maybe the wheel telescoped more I don't know.  

4 minutes ago, DirkDiggler84 said:

Yes, more telescoping and adjustable pedals would fix the problem for me.  I went straight from a 2018 to the 2019 and had zero issues with the 2018 for seating position though.  It didn't have adjustable pedals, maybe the wheel telescoped more I don't know.  

It feels (to me) that the default pedal position is further toward the driver on the T1s vs. the K2 platform. 

On 4/22/2019 at 3:29 PM, DirkDiggler84 said:

Anyone else feel like they can't find a comfortable position for their left leg while driving?  To me, it's like the angled wedge to rest your left foot on is about 2 inches too close to the driver, pretty steep angle too.  By the time I get my seat fully adjusted and far enough back for it to feel better I am way too far away from the steering wheel.  Resting my foot in front of the wedge is even worse.  After driving for even 10 minutes my leg is not happy.

Not my first Silverado by any means, I have owned every generation since 99' now.  I am 6'2" 215lbs, size 12 shoes. 

leg space.jpg

Does the steering telescope less than the previous models?

(Avatar says LTZ, so tilt/telescope is standard)

11 minutes ago, redwngr said:

Does the steering telescope less than the previous models?

(Avatar says LTZ, so tilt/telescope is standard)

Hard to say. To me, the primary problem is the dead pedal/wedge. The entire thing seems like it should be 2 inches closer to the firewall.  Everything with my right leg is fine. 

Any other tall guys out there running into issues with this thing?

I pulled up pictures of my previous 2012 and 2018 Silverados and they had nothing even close to it.  Looked at a few other vehicles...nothing like it on the newest Ram, Colorado, F150 has one, but smaller and considerably closer to the firewall. 

My only fix is to drive 1 1/2" to 2" further back than I would like to be to the steering wheel and all other dash controls.  I'm about ready to pull up the carpet and see if it is removable or a welded shape to the floorboard.

I'm not tall, but I can definitely notice that the pedals are too far forward on the T1. I also have to put the seat further forward than I would naturally enjoy in order to get a proper reach on the pedals, and the steering wheel. 

I really doubt you'll be able to modify the dead pedal area. GM increased the legroom of the cabin nearly 7" total (I think?) on the T1. Now you're seeing some of the places from where that came... 

6'1" and size 15 shoe here. Haven't noticed anything odd with left foot rest, but moreso where my two knees rest against the fake wood accents. The one of the right in the console squeeks, but both hit knee bones and are hard, so I try not to rest them for too long. 

• Like 1

I’m 6’4, and haven’t noticed any issues, except my foot will slip off of the gas pedal on occasion. Almost as if the gas pedal is too short. With a size 12 shoe, I’m surprised people with smaller feet haven’t mentioned this being an issue. Perhaps it’s just the angle my foot happens to rest.