Vehicle hacked and being tracked...

15 hours ago, Timd32 said:

Have you tried a USB version?

I was having power supply issues amd fuse coordination was tricky, I"ve had good luck with my toaster moving to USB power.

Screenshot_20190430-160748_Chrome.thumb.jpg.810819f2eb79fabb46727f513030bb2f.jpg

I tried a similar device a while back, and while the USB supply was most convenient (I was even able to finish up a nice breakfast on the subway one morning when I was running late. FYI, you can get some excellent culinary tips on the #7 train around 4:30 am if so interested.  Exotic ingredients for sure, but easy to find in virtually any alley.), honestly only ~4 slices every half hour just doesn’t cut it for me. I was really only able to eek out about 3, 3.5 anyway (I know, truth in advertising right?).  I was gobbling down that toast with just a slight schmear of marmalade and then just sitting there, salivating, just wondering when I was gonna get my next fix. Not a good situation to be in. Disappointing experience all around. 

I mean, if you want toast, dangit you WANT toast. Know what I’m sayin?

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 10:20 AM, GMTruckFace said:

Thanks for the info. I've had the ONSTAR disabled for some time now. I once read an article about "text alerts" being "on" or "off" under the text icon on the display, obviously, but having trouble finding this article again. I remember it mentioned that it is a way to tell if the system is hacked, forced "on". I'm just assuming someone could receive vehicle info from it through an app or some other program. Mine seems to be forced "on" at times without me being able to turn it "off".  Any other time I can switch it on or off at will, normal operation. Just not sure how it's possible with antenna disconnected.

Could also be your phone communicating with the truck if you're connected via Bluetooth. If there's a driving mode, it may be able to influence settings?

You can’t stop anyone from tracking you anymore.

RFID technology has gotten so tiny they use a printer to print a RFID on any metallic device. Your eyes can not see it. Costs almost nothing.

I have a cool experiment for you all. Get a Dell Inspiron laptop from the last year. Remove the wifi/bluetooth card. Use a USB dongle for wifi access. After printing wirelessly to my Canon Pixma, i unplugged the USB wifi device. 

I forgot I unplugged it and hit print on another document. The Printer clicked and cycled recognizing something was trying to talk to it. Windows 10 said it couldn’t find the printer.

Wait a minute.....there is no FCC communication device in the laptop....how did it “click and cycle” like it heard the laptop?

Something else in the Laptop has wireless capability besides the wifi-bluetooth card.

This example is repeatable. 

Your truck uses more than Onstar for wireless communication.

6 hours ago, Paintor said:

You can’t stop anyone from tracking you anymore.

RFID technology has gotten so tiny they use a printer to print a RFID on any metallic device. Your eyes can not see it. Costs almost nothing.

I have a cool experiment for you all. Get a Dell Inspiron laptop from the last year. Remove the wifi/bluetooth card. Use a USB dongle for wifi access. After printing wirelessly to my Canon Pixma, i unplugged the USB wifi device. 

I forgot I unplugged it and hit print on another document. The Printer clicked and cycled recognizing something was trying to talk to it. Windows 10 said it couldn’t find the printer.

Wait a minute.....there is no FCC communication device in the laptop....how did it “click and cycle” like it heard the laptop?

Something else in the Laptop has wireless capability besides the wifi-bluetooth card.

This example is repeatable. 

Your truck uses more than Onstar for wireless communication.

It’s called coincidence. You had just printed a page or three, and after a period of time the printer cycled/cleaned the print heads making those noises in the process. Pixmas, in particular, are famous for using more ink cleaning themselves than actually printing (great when you’re in the business of selling ink). Just so happens that this occurred at approximately the same time that you attempted to print a second document. 

Do tell, if you’re that paranoid, why do you even have a WiFi printer?  Why not use a usb cable or a crossover Ethernet cable so the communication is limited to only the two devices?

The best option would be wrap the vehicle in aluminum foil not the cheap food grade kind. Iv attached a link below. It is very important that the windscreen is left open enough to see if you plan to use the vehicle still. Once you have found out if in fact you are being tracked I would sell the vehicle. 

1000 sqft Reflective NASA Radiant Barrier Attic Foil Insulation 17" perforated https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J6L3BNG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ylkZCbKY4H7H9

Don't know about the newer trucks but GMT-900 has separate GPS antenna under the dash, not sharkfin for navigation.  Nav unit keeps track of where you've been, you can turn on "crumbs" to see where you've driven before, helpful if out in the woods.  Helpful for the good guys to hunt the bad guys too!  

Would love to access this data for tax purposes.

My GPS on the display has a slash through it due to shark fin disconnect. I wonder if it has another hidden antenna. This would explain ALOT for me. '15 sierra. Just took the truck for a spin and text alerts "on" the whole time, could not turn it off. (2hrs). Tried the battery disconnect for 15 mins, no luck. Trust me when I say a certain annoying group are tracking me through my truck. I'm pretty sure the one person is very good hacker and my truck has been broken into while I was sleeping this one night. I'm wondering if a reflash would solve anything, replacement of a module or some shit. Could someone initially start all this crap from a VIN number to obtain a fob/key? Maybe it was entered through an app before I had the fin disconnected idk. Either way it's a very unique situation going on here. I've actually had my phone hacked before through this shit. It sounds unbelievable I know...

Edited by GMTruckFace

1 hour ago, GMTruckFace said:

Could someone initially start all this crap from a VIN number to obtain a fob/key? Maybe it was entered through an app before I had the fin disconnected idk. Either way it's a very unique situation going on here. I've actually had my phone hacked before through this shit. It sounds unbelievable I know...

The US Govt required ALL vehicle makers to have 1 key that would start any vehicle. Pre 9-11 you could buy this keyset from the SNAP ON truck that sold tools “”For Dealers Only””...hahaha. A buddy bought the set with different manufacturers keys from SNAP ON for $250. Us mechanics thought he was off his rocker.

Til he proceeded to go to different vehicles and start them all up.

Nowadays with electronic FOB’s....its even easier. You do not want to sleep at night with your keyfob within listening distance from your vehicle. It is even easier to access a newer vehicle if they can send a signal to your vehicle to unlock and it detects your FOB in range and thinks the command came from your FOB.

Only way to defeat current technology, have a external battery switch like a drag car so you can kill all power every night. Then they have to work and break out the slim jim....unless they have the Universal GM key. Any mafia, gang, or Government Agency is going to have it.