Towing Pics

Love the truck and boat but PLEASE put a life jacket on that little girl! 

Life jacket was on her. Just had it in the truck when pulling trailer out of the water [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

The second way you loaded your Bobcat is correct, the first way (bobcat reversed on) you have too much tongue weight which is giving you the heavy squat. Skid steers are ass heavy, this is to counter the weight of your bucket full of dirt or heavy attachments. If you back them on, the machine should sit directly over the axles, with the engine access door maybe sitting 1-2 feet in front of the forward axle. Flip up your ramps onto the beavertail then set your mower down on top of the ramps. 

You are correct sir. However I thought since I had load on the front of the bobcat I figured I would have it leveled but was wrong. And I did what you said left up the ramps and drove over them but was not enough. Going to be getting out back to house again soon will try to do a better job. Thanks for the valuable info

Chears!

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 1:28 PM, Bikeman said:

I've never weighed it, loaded I'm figuring 8500lbs, truck loaded roughly 6000lbs, so pretty maxing out the tow capacity of the 5.3 standard 1500. I didn't want to drive a 2500 every day since we only tow few times a year. May down the road look into changing the gears to 373's or something.

You should be fine.  With the 3.23 rear gear ratio your crew cab with the 5.3 will tow up to 9600.  Its definitly better to leave 10% head room so call it 8800 lb. you can safely tow. 

On 5/4/2019 at 11:12 PM, Jedibusiness said:

Anything less than a 3/4 ton is a sedan with an open trunk. 

sedan's and SUVs are unibody's these days.  Half ton trucks are still body on frame and more capable than ever before.  Get with the times. 

9 hours ago, Sex&Trucks said:

Installed a gooseneck hitch kit in the truck with a gooseneck adapter on the trailer. 

5C25C4FD-2C25-4590-9C2B-CC1B8D2224C0.jpeg

Question for you... what are you doing for tow mirrors?  I am having trouble finding attachable tow mirrors like i used to have for my 11 Silverado.  

On 5/24/2019 at 9:44 AM, bowtie2007 said:

I've pulled this trailer about 700 miles so far. Mostly on flat or slightly hilly roads in Texas. The trailer is 32ft and weighs a little over 7000 pounds with a tounge weight of 860. I am using the Equalizer 4 point hitch. This truck has the 6.2l, 10 speed, 3.23 gears.

My big issue pulling this with a half ton is the payload and rear axle rating. I have to basically keep the bed empty to be under the 7,100 GVWR and 3,800 GAWR.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

e8f676d33b6bc4bb49b1ec42b073f058.jpg

Question for you... what are you doing for tow mirrors?  I am having trouble finding attachable tow mirrors like i used to have for my 11 Silverado.  

54 minutes ago, joedekock said:

You should be fine.  With the 3.23 rear gear ratio your crew cab with the 5.3 will tow up to 9600.  Its definitly better to leave 10% head room so call it 8800 lb. you can safely tow. 

I have taken the camper up the NC mtn's twice, was able to go the speed limit no prob. Trans temp peaking around 200. Better than my old 3/4 ton suburban, it would struggle to keep the speed limit and trans would climb to 250.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, joedekock said:

I haven’t looked into tow mirrors yet. I’m likely going to look into whatever comes out for the 2500s although I have heard they are not going to be plug and play with the 1500s. But I’m assuming someone will make a harness that will do the trick it will just be a matter of when.