Towing Pics

On ‎2019‎-‎05‎-‎04 at 6:56 PM, carlosh said:

My truck and Ranger boat99a9b5c7b1d154701b9871fc44a2c742.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nice set up man. In my neck of the woods you see $5,000 trucks towing $105,000 boats. Those Rangers are really nice, you are a walleye fisherman? You should make a trip to my part of Canada if you like Walleye. Lake of the Woods, Lac Seul, two of the best Walleye lakes on earth. Lots of big tournaments if you're into that sort of thing. 

• Like 1

Nice set up man. In my neck of the woods you see $5,000 trucks towing $105,000 boats. Those Rangers are really nice, you are a walleye fisherman? You should make a trip to my part of Canada if you like Walleye. Lake of the Woods, Lac Seul, two of the best Walleye lakes on earth. Lots of big tournaments if you're into that sort of thing. 
Got ya! I LOVE walleye, but not many in my neck of the woods as I am in tidal waters. Your water is on my bucket list!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

anyone else feel the 19s tow better ?...im coming from a 15 and i towed my boat the other night and had to remind myself it was there a few times. 

Can’t speak from the previous gen, but coming from a Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. Got the same fuel economy pulling, arguably better torque and way more overall power with the 6.2l and my boat felt more well mannered behind my AT4 then it did behind my ED

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone towing an aluminum enclosed trailer? I'm looking at an EZ Hauler 8.5x20 v nose that has a curb weight of roughly 2,500lbs and I m told that the tongue weight is 12% or 300lbs unloaded. I will be hauling two Can Am UTV's weighing around 3,000lbs combined inside. I'm not sure how the tongue weight will change with the cargo loaded. Both vehicles will be nose to tail since they are 19' long and the extra 2' of v in the front end will be nice to keep them from touching and allow for add on bumpers etc. The truck that I have ordered is the 19' High Country 6.2 Max Tow crew cab 4wd. The truck does have a sunroof which will lower the payload. I will also have 4 adults inside as well as luggage and other necessities adding 800lbs. I am assuming that the truck shouldn't have any issues at all with the 3.42 ratio and the 10 speed in addition to the 6.2 v8. I've only towed these "windsock" trailers  with diesel trucks in the past which of course didn't make any difference whatsoever in the truck's feeling of being worked. I just don't want to be too unimpressed if at all after owning the HD.2018_EZ_Hauler_8x20_7K_Aluminum_Car__Rac.

I'm not going to be towing but one or maybe two weeks a month, although the trips will be mostly interstate at fair speeds and for 4-5 hours each way. I commute 150 miles per day with my job and driving an HD truck with the maintenance costs and rougher ride qualities make me lean back to the 1500 trucks. Your thoughts and experiences are greatly appreciated!

37 minutes ago, voltedge said:

I'm not going to be towing but one or maybe two weeks a month, although the trips will be mostly interstate at fair speeds and for 4-5 hours each way. I commute 150 miles per day with my job and driving an HD truck with the maintenance costs and rougher ride qualities make me lean back to the 1500 trucks. Your thoughts and experiences are greatly appreciated!

You'll be just fine.  I was in a similar position.  Had a 2500 diesel ....  towed like a dream, hated everything else about it.

1500 will do you just fine.  The mileage is gonna be ugly though. Really ugly.

Thanks steve841. Here's the exact truck that I drove, and then ordered based on it with the exception of the 22" wheels which aren't available with the Max Tow. I'm going to add the 22's back with a little heavier rated tire once I get the truck.

exteriora.jpg

interiora.jpg

Edited by voltedge
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, voltedge said:

Anyone towing an aluminum enclosed trailer? I'm looking at an EZ Hauler 8.5x20 v nose that has a curb weight of roughly 2,500lbs and I m told that the tongue weight is 12% or 300lbs unloaded. I will be hauling two Can Am UTV's weighing around 3,000lbs combined inside. I'm not sure how the tongue weight will change with the cargo loaded. Both vehicles will be nose to tail since they are 19' long and the extra 2' of v in the front end will be nice to keep them from touching and allow for add on bumpers etc. The truck that I have ordered is the 19' High Country 6.2 Max Tow crew cab 4wd. The truck does have a sunroof which will lower the payload. I will also have 4 adults inside as well as luggage and other necessities adding 800lbs. I am assuming that the truck shouldn't have any issues at all with the 3.42 ratio and the 10 speed in addition to the 6.2 v8. I've only towed these "windsock" trailers  with diesel trucks in the past which of course didn't make any difference whatsoever in the truck's feeling of being worked. I just don't want to be too unimpressed if at all after owning the HD.2018_EZ_Hauler_8x20_7K_Aluminum_Car__Rac.

Voltedge,

I have the same trailer except mine is 8.5 x 18 with extra high head room. My trailer is the same brand and color but I like your aluminum wheels better than my steel wheels!

I have made many improvements to my trailer but the first thing I noticed towing it home was the extra height on my trailer made it tow with additional resistance at highway speed compared to my open steel car trailer that weight in around 1850 lbs. My new Silverado is a 2017 1500 CC with a standard box 5.3 6 spd. 3.54 rear, you should be fine with your 6.2.

Let me know if you want to see the products I installed to the trailer. Good luck towing, safe travels!

On 5/11/2019 at 9:36 PM, mfbearded said:

anyone else feel the 19s tow better ?...im coming from a 15 and i towed my boat the other night and had to remind myself it was there a few times. 

my 19 pulls WAY better than the 15 i had. Its no heavy duty but it still does a good job.