steering wheel noise at low speeds

1 minute ago, DirkDiggler84 said:

Try this one.

IMG_2356.MOV

Worked! 

Odd. Mine makes a totally different noise. More like creaking leather or an old stereo speaker failing... if that makes sense? I tried recording it last week, but all you could hear was the sound of my vest as I cranked the wheel, ha! 

4 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Worked! 

Odd. Mine makes a totally different noise. More like creaking leather or an old stereo speaker failing... if that makes sense? I tried recording it last week, but all you could hear was the sound of my vest as I cranked the wheel, ha! 

I was hoping that we all had the same noise and that it was "normal" for these trucks somehow.  Not that we are getting several noises and steering columns are being replaced! 

I’m really beginning to hate this dealership. Truck was supposed to be done yesterday. I never get a call. I contact them and just got a text at 8 from the service manager saying he will know more tomorrow. I asked him a question and he doesn’t respond. I will be calling the service manager tomorrow morning. Almost two weeks and it’s still there. Truck is only two months old. Wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

I’m really beginning to hate this dealership. Truck was supposed to be done yesterday. I never get a call. I contact them and just got a text at 8 from the service manager saying he will know more tomorrow. I asked him a question and he doesn’t respond. I will be calling the service manager tomorrow morning. Almost two weeks and it’s still there. Truck is only two months old. Wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That stinks. 

But this is also why I won’t take mine in just for a quiet noise to be fixed. I’ve seen this happen too many times... drop the truck off for a few hours and a few weeks goes by. Ugh. 

NHTSA ID Number: 10154617

Manufacturer Communication Number: PIT5565B

Summary

This Preliminary information communicates a repair procedure for a squeak/squawk type noise coming from the lower column/drivers footwell area when turning.  It explains how to properly lubricate the column shaft boot where the shaft interacts with the boot where it passes through the boot. 

I don't have access to the pdf for this but it's something to go on if you have "squeaks" or "squawks".

On 5/15/2019 at 10:28 AM, DirkDiggler84 said:

I was hoping that we all had the same noise and that it was "normal" for these trucks somehow.  Not that we are getting several noises and steering columns are being replaced! 

I have the same noise as yours real slow speed,it does not bother me at all!!! and that is saying a lot about my OCD.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2019 at 11:57 AM, K455 said:

I have the same noise as yours real slow speed,it does not bother me at all!!! and that is saying a lot about my OCD.

It doesn't really bother me either.  I am just going to bring it up with the dealer, along with a handful of other issues the first time the truck needs to go in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DirkDiggler84 said:

It doesn't really bother me either.  I am just going to bring it up with the dealer, along with a handful of other issues the first time the truck needs to go in.

Me too. Specifically, before I go on a week-long out of town trip so I don’t need my truck all week. Lol