AVS Aeroskin Lightshield

9 minutes ago, Shoup1cobra said:

I removed the headlight bulb and tapped into that harness. It was much easier than trying to reach the entire harness at the bottom of the headlight. The posi lock connectors and exisiting wiring can tuck in behind the bulb and then everything gets covered by the large rubber flapper. 

Also, I tried the add-a-circuit in the Fog light fuse spot and had zero power. I don't have fog lights on the truck, so must be switched power or something that is preventing it from working. Just a heads up. 

1 hour ago, Shoup1cobra said:

I removed the headlight bulb and tapped into that harness. It was much easier than trying to reach the entire harness at the bottom of the headlight. The posi lock connectors and exisiting wiring can tuck in behind the bulb and then everything gets covered by the large rubber flapper. 

So that bulb has a connector with 2 black wires, is that what you tapped into?

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
6 hours ago, NY TrailBoss said:

Does anyone have any problems with the hood flexing and shaking while at higher speeds?

These trucks aren't capably of high speeds.  Mine is limited to 98 mph.  With my 6.2 I've hit that speed limiter a couple times and noticed no issues.  Even raced down the interstate one night en route to the hospital because my daughter was vomitting and had to be kept awake due to sustaining a head injury.  She's alright now, but getting her to the hospital was important.  Truck was solid with no weird noise nor noticeable flexing or shaking of body panels. 

Sounds good. I’ve seen a few in person and I think it makes the truck look great. I saw a white TB with the Aeroskin and smooth black fender flares, it looked awesome. Lots of the reviews on Amazon complain about the lights not fitting and the hood flexing when on freeway speeds so it’s made me rethink the purchase. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm stuck on my decision about this thing.  I do want to put something on the front edge of the hood now since I just installed a winch bumper and the significantly higher ground clearance makes the front look too small...I think adding a black hood protector would fix this visual issue, and the added bonus of the lights is great.  So I really like the IDEA of it...but everywhere I look at reviews all I read about is the hood vibration issue.

So that's my concern - how bad is this?  I don't do long trips on the highway and even when I am on the highway 70mph is my limit unless i'm passing or something...i'm driving a lifted full-size truck on 35s so I drive it appropriately...but some of the reviews are saying that severe hood vibrations start at around 65mph.  If that really is the case then I don't think i'm going to like this particular design.  So lets hear reviews of that specific aspect.