AT4 owners, how tall are you?

Hey Folks,

I'm still hung up on my final decision from upgrading from my 2017 All Terrain to a '19 AT4 or Denali. However, I believe I am 5'11 and feel really small next to a AT4. Is it because of my height or just because that new factory lift really makes a difference? For those that moved up from 2017 or similar Sierra to a AT4 have you had any weird height difference feelings about the truck? I'd like to know because standing next to one on the front lawn of my dealership I felt really small next to it. Thanks.

I went from a 2017 HC to the 19 AT4, I'm 5'9" and without the tailgate down, there is no way I can reach anything in the box from outside when standing in the ground.  The new trucks are definitely taller.  I love the extra height when driving around, able to see the roofs of most other vehicles.

56 minutes ago, BringTheRain403 said:

Well the AT4 stock height is about 5 inches taller than the stock height of the old trucks sooooo...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jesus. Didn't know it was that much. Time to whip out the ol'measuring tape to see if it would fit in the garage.

Edit 2019 AT4: 78.4 inch in height | 2017 73.8 inch in height. Holy flamingo.

Edited by FknLeon
  • Like 1

Yeah, this is why I went with an RST and not an AT4 or TB. They AT4/TBs were just too big for me when I stood next to them. I'm 5'11", too, and coming from my 2007 LT CC, those lifted trucks just felt huge. 

I think the AT4 hides it better, though, especially with the 20" wheel package. It doesn't look as "high" as the TB does from afar. 

Also, I have an older garage, and the shark fin on my '19 RST with 20"s just barely fits in... so a TB/AT4 would have been left outside in the DFW hailstorms this spring, which I didn't want to suffer through. 

Jesus. Didn't know it was that much. Time to whip out the ol'measuring tape to see if it would fit in the garage.

Edit 2019 AT4: 78.4 inch in height | 2017 73.8 inch in height. Holy flamingo.

Yah these trucks are pretty tall, the floor height is tall as well. I dont have running boards and my TB floor is about the same height my 99 with a 6" lift and 35s was.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Current height of my AT4 to the top of my shark fin is 84.5" I don't fit in any garage under 7'6" (I don't risk it anyways)

Maybe it's my napoleon complex but I'm 5'6" 180# and I traded in an '18 Toyota Tacoma and I always felt cramped73cf9332035cb23b62a3974d20ae30b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FknLeon said:

Hey Folks,

I'm still hung up on my final decision from upgrading from my 2017 All Terrain to a '19 AT4 or Denali. However, I believe I am 5'11 and feel really small next to a AT4. Is it because of my height or just because that new factory lift really makes a difference? For those that moved up from 2017 or similar Sierra to a AT4 have you had any weird height difference feelings about the truck? I'd like to know because standing next to one on the front lawn of my dealership I felt really small next to it. Thanks.

I'm the same height as you and I can't even get into a stock K2 without running boards. I can't imagine clambering into an AT4 every day, even with assist steps. 

28 minutes ago, destrada127 said:

Current height of my AT4 to the top of my shark fin is 84.5" I don't fit in any garage under 7'6" (I don't risk it anyways)

Maybe it's my napoleon complex but I'm 5'6" 180# and I traded in an '18 Toyota Tacoma and I always felt cramped

Those Tacomas are cramped. Less interior space than my compact car. 

• Like 2

Good reason to get side bars so I could climb in. I just tried it without, forget it. I'm 5' 10" and it is much taller. I'm getting much older too!

Here's a different point of view. I'm 6'3" 260 and 65 yrs young. I came from an F150 Lariat. Had to bend my head to get in the door.

The AT4 is a perfect fit for me. At 5'11, I don't think you'll have a problem especially with side steps. It is a bit of a drop when you get out. My other half almost fell the first time she got out.

I'm big on keeping my truck in the garage. With the new AT4 height I'm pretty sure it would hit the pull / support arm of the garage door as it goes into the garage. I believe however that a SLT or Denali could fit.