AT4 owners, how tall are you?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:51 AM, TBL569 said:

I went from a 2017 HC to the 19 AT4, I'm 5'9" and without the tailgate down, there is no way I can reach anything in the box from outside when standing in the ground.  The new trucks are definitely taller.  I love the extra height when driving around, able to see the roofs of most other vehicles.

Yes. My friends trail boss bed is a stretch for me and I'm 6'3" with long arms. He is normal height of about 5'9" and works wi see the bed floor with the gate up. I think he can just reach the floor.

I can get in and out fine with out the use of steps. Him no.

They do seem high, He says that even the non trail boss trucks are about 2 inches higher than the previous models????? I have not verified that . Yes they do seem tall even at 6'3". But I like it I think?

• 4 months later...
On 5/15/2019 at 9:39 AM, destrada127 said:

Current height of my AT4 to the top of my shark fin is 84.5" I don't fit in any garage under 7'6" (I don't risk it anyways)

Maybe it's my napoleon complex but I'm 5'6" 180# and I traded in an '18 Toyota Tacoma and I always felt cramped73cf9332035cb23b62a3974d20ae30b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Off topic here, sorry, but gotta ask...what bumper are you running on the front?

On 5/15/2019 at 10:39 AM, destrada127 said:

Current height of my AT4 to the top of my shark fin is 84.5" I don't fit in any garage under 7'6" (I don't risk it anyways)

Maybe it's my napoleon complex but I'm 5'6" 180# and I traded in an '18 Toyota Tacoma and I always felt cramped73cf9332035cb23b62a3974d20ae30b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Awesome looking truck.  Extra lift?  Tire size?  Bumper.  Thanks.

5’11”, I don’t feel like my height is much of an issue with the truck.

However if you spend any amount of time in parkades this truck is TALL. I hit key antenna on every pipe and sign at my parkade at work. And this is with the Duratrac 18’s on the truck ( which ACTUALLY have slightly smaller diameter than the stock 20’s if you actually check the tire specs. 32” vs 33” stock ), actually with the 18’s my truck is barely taller than a Denali. 

I wouldn’t even consider going into any parkades that are under 6’8.

side by side with a stock Denali at work for comparison.

8F3E37F4-34A1-4BEF-9529-A0B5D9599B71.thumb.jpeg.129061ed0d29f5c7076b3eba964e1f3d.jpeg

Edited by killramos

I went from a 2007 1500 LT CC to the T1. When I was looking, I almost bought a TB, but the extra 2" on top of the already MUCH larger T1 vs. GMT-900 truck, I just couldn't do it. The TB seemed just a bit too big. I'm 5'11". 

Looking back on it, I think I would have been happy with the TB or AT4 size. I think if I could do it all over again, I would have bought an AT4 with the 6.2L. But I still love the RST. 

When am driving next to an AT4, however, I feel a little sense of envy for the additional 2" lift. 

• 5 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but curious if anyone is able to fit their AT4 in their home garage?

I did some measurements of some numbers I found off the GM site and seems like a REALLLLLYYYY right fit at best.

It’s not a deal breaker for me either way as it’s a full size truck, but would be a pleasant surprise to know it’s possible.

No problem in I'm my garage, but it's a newer home with at least a foot taller door than on many older homes in the area.

I did recently go into an old parking garage downtown and my antenna hit almost every concrete support and I had to creep along very slowly with my butt clenched... No bueno. It made it in and out ok. But way too close for comfort.

The airport parking garages are no problem.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I am short, ~170 cm (5'8"???). Moved from a 2014 All-Terrain with 2.25" block and bigger block in the rear with AMP running boards and 33's to 2020 AT4 also with AMP running boards but now running 33.5's.

It is bigger, bigger than a slight lifted old body style, but I comfortably get in and out. My house is build in 1970, fits the truck  fine with the antenna hitting the top. I have removed the antenna and ran a wire to the passenger pillar seam meeting the windshield instead.

Funny how old houses garages are bigger, trucks were smaller, new houses garages are smaller, new trucks are bigger...... go figure

• Like 1