So, I was watching a youtube video from a channel where this guy spefically vlogs about 17" Silverado. In the one video he slams the pedal to the floor and then proceeds to say that is the first time he as ever done it since he purchased it new. His reasoning was that he doesn't like to "beat" on his truck..

Now I'm just curious, how often do you all go WOT in your K2's? How much stress does this actually cause our motors? I'm somewhat of a truck newbie, as I've only had my 18" for a few months. I do occasionally get on it pretty good on highway onramps, but that's a rarity honestly..

I would add one caveat...avoid too many WOT starts from a dead stop. That stresses your driveline components (driveshaft, axleshafts, especially u-joints) and can lead to premature failure. This is true of any vehicle, not just trucks. Once you are rolling and all warmed up, go for it.

• Like 2

When I do it in my more powerful vehicles I put them in manual mode shift to second gear. Then gradually go to the floor manually shift to the next gear as I let off before shifting. That practice lets me feel the power with out breaking the transmission or rear end. Keeps tire spinning and the nannies at the minimum. Even my Camry will spin em in first, the power these days is there no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always.... trucks are like a 3 position switch... idle, cruise and wide open.  I like turning them way higher than stock too lol..  I am still trying to blow the LQ4 in muy old 05 up.... 220000 miles later banging off 6000 rpm WOT shifts its still perfect lol.  The 13 and the 17 all get the same treatment lol.  Zero f@cks given.

Edited by SierraHD17

Glad to hear the consensus is that it's perfectly fine, definitely gives me peace of mind. I suppose these modern V8's can handle some heavy driving once and a while. I'll be honest, I've always been one to "baby" my vehicles.. but this is my first truck, let alone V8. That sound of the 5.3 growling when you step on it is mighty satisfying and I'm tempted to get on it quite often lol..

35 minutes ago, SierraHD17 said:

Always.... trucks are like a 3 position switch... idle, cruise and wide open.  I like turning them way higher than stock too lol..  I am still trying to blow the LQ4 in muy old 05 up.... 220000 miles later banging off 6000 rpm WOT shifts its still perfect lol.  The 13 and the 17 all get the same treatment lol.  Zero f@cks given.

Those LS motors just run forever. Hopefully the LT motors will be the same.

13 minutes ago, Gagliano7 said:

Those LS motors just run forever. Hopefully the LT motors will be the same.

Pull the AFM junk out of them and they should.  The oil pump is a goofy design but the rotating assembly is all LS and interchanges.  Like the AFM LS engines keeping it... 50/50 chance.

Edited by SierraHD17

Sorry but every statement posted is false. 

Correct statement is you requested full throttle you did not get it. So you did NOT go wot. 

There are dozens just to name few that stop this. Biggest offender is the torque management. But even as simple and the ECT and the command,slip,rpm,gear tables. 

So that said it is fine for the truck because the computer simply says no.

• Like 2