bilstein 5100s or 2 inch rc leveling kit

just join would literally be on this site reading and relay on it for answers than anything else lol but i purchase RC 2 inch leveling kit, the spacers that go under the front sturts and i’m reading more that the spacers seem to give bad ride control making it more stiffer and make mpg go down? then i also see people recommending bilstein 5100s that they are the best thing invented lol? but i’m just unsure to return the spaces and buy the 5100s for my front or might as well go all 4, or stick with the spaces till my factory shocks go out, BTW i love the ride on my factory shocks that’s why not to sure on the 5100s, this is my daily sticking with my 275/55/20 not much off reading happening :(

Spacers will impact the ride quality. 1/2” to 2” spacers is more manageable than say 2.5” spacers or those rare 3”. As you get higher the angle of your UCA gets more severe changing how the suspension transfers the energy of a bump in the road to the rest of the vehicle.

I ran a 2” RC kit for a while then upgraded to the 2.5” eibach kit. I’m counting down the days until my UCA ball joint bite the dust and can upgrade to better UCAs.

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

so the 2” wouldn’t make that much difference of a ride quality since it’s not the higher ones right... just don’t want something that’s gonna be a huge difference compare to stock. 

my rc 2” spacers come in today... going to instal then some time next week due to rain here in houston... was going to take it to a shop but they’re charging my 100+ and i’ve read it’s as easy as changing a tire lol... 

also seen that the 5100s are great for some off roading if you keeping it in the concrete you rather get the spacers... so going to post before and after pics here and let you know how the ride is after :cool:

my 2014 silverado texas edition lt double cab front end is really low... my coworker has the same truck but he has fog lights i do not and his is higher, not sure if that’s why?? so hoping my 2” is even enough to level it.. 

I was in the same boat as you.   I opted to forget about shocks for now and i ended up installing a ProComp 2.25" lift, top and bottom strut spacers.   I dont really notice any change in ride quality at all.   In fact,  I think it rides better but that may be because I stepped up one size to a 275 60 r20 P rated Flaken Wildpeak AT3W. 

I notice less bumps and jarring than i did when i was stock.   I would know because I've been driving the same roads and bumps and potholes for years on my daily work commute.

@SkiDooNick700 how have they been over time? have you notice in wear to the ball joints, other suspension  components? really excited to put the spacers since i’m tired of this rake look.

decided once my factory shocks give up going to install the 5100s or fox 2.0

I recommend the 5100s, Eibach or Pro Comp leveling shocks over the spacers.

I had 2" top spacers on my '14 Sierra then went to the 5100s and ride quality improved not to mention the plus side of the diagram Big Red posted above.

Spacers are cheaper than new shocks that have to be changed out of the assembly which requires more money as well.

Depends on how much you want to pony up really.