What do you want to know?

Threads on here about cans for other models.

Same principal on all motors IMO.

Some use them, some don't.

If I had a direct injection motor it would have a can.

Put one on my 2012 non direct injection motor.

:)

The search tool on this site sucks. go search on google and then you can find all the other threads:

"gm-trucks.com catch can"

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=6Gn6XNKyGdG0tQXg_5HoDQ&q=gm-trucks.com+catch+can&oq=gm-trucks.com+catch+can&gs_l=psy-ab.12..35i39j0i22i30.1325.6280..6468...3.0..1.238.3724.1j25j2......0....1..gws-wiz.....6..0i67j0i131j0i131i67j0j0i131i20i263j0i30j0i10i30j0i13j0i13i10i30j0i13i30.in0uYWu_byU

Basically everyone that has one thinks they are the best thing ever. Yet everyone who doesn't have one is somehow still driving their truck everyday. My opinion is if it was necessary to maintain the engine until the end of the powertrain warranty period, GM would have already put on one for you. Since they don't, I don't think they are necessary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have you seen the gunk that thing catches? Regardless can't imagine it hurting anything if you are able to keep that crap it off your motor...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Edited by BringTheRain403
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, aseibel said:

The search tool on this site sucks. go search on google and then you can find all the other threads:

"gm-trucks.com catch can"

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=6Gn6XNKyGdG0tQXg_5HoDQ&q=gm-trucks.com+catch+can&oq=gm-trucks.com+catch+can&gs_l=psy-ab.12..35i39j0i22i30.1325.6280..6468...3.0..1.238.3724.1j25j2......0....1..gws-wiz.....6..0i67j0i131j0i131i67j0j0i131i20i263j0i30j0i10i30j0i13j0i13i10i30j0i13i30.in0uYWu_byU

Basically everyone that has one thinks they are the best thing ever. Yet everyone who doesn't have one is somehow still driving their truck everyday. My opinion is if it was necessary to maintain the engine until the end of the powertrain warranty period, GM would have already put on one for you. Since they don't, I don't think they are necessary.

Lot of miss information here. There are bulletins and dozens of videos on this and gm knows of the issue. There are gm sold catch can systems. This statement is like saying gm knows the issues with the trans or exploding rear window but don't fix it....oh wait they do and don't fix it. Odd right. 

Even Ford is having same issues and there is a can systems. There are Government statements on oil consumption and debris build up. Gm switched the oil capacity levels after RMS failure and any performance build under boost have huge crank case vent systems, makes you wonder what the blow by numbers are. Even question why the direct injection motors have so many PCV tubes?

I can pull 1/2" of oil and water out per week. 

4 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Lot of miss information here. There are bulletins and dozens of videos on this and gm knows of the issue. There are gm sold catch can systems. This statement is like saying gm knows the issues with the trans or exploding rear window but don't fix it....oh wait they do and don't fix it. Odd right. 

Even Ford is having same issues and there is a can systems. There are Government statements on oil consumption and debris build up. Gm switched the oil capacity levels after RMS failure and any performance build under boost have huge crank case vent systems, makes you wonder what the blow by numbers are. Even question why the direct injection motors have so many PCV tubes?

I can pull 1/2" of oil and water out per week. 

I get the point of the catch can. I just don't know if it matters in the long run.

I just wonder if you were to put a collection system on the end of your tailpipe, what would that thing catch? does anybody care about the crap coming out the other side of the head, or only what goes in? Just food for thought.

I get the point of the catch can. I just don't know if it matters in the long run.

I just wonder if you were to put a collection system on the end of your tailpipe, what would that thing catch? does anybody care about the crap coming out the other side of the head, or only what goes in? Just food for thought.
I see what you are saying and that is addressed in the gm bulletin number 2. Lol

You see truck comes in gets a intake clean but the heat and debris cause O2 and cats to be destroyed then those get replaced. Unfortunately at the customer's cost at that point. There have been post on here of just that. Gm does the intake clean because it is cheap and get customer on road when still in warranty. But was the cause of the problem addressed? No. So it will happen again.
The catch cans have been common mod all the way back to the LS1.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I am working with RXP catch cans to make a system that hopefully is a "bolt on". Once i make the video of it i will share the link to the video. The owner James, we have been going back and forth trying to make it work. I have had it on the truck for 2 weeks 1800 miles, and pulled some stuff out already. 

http://teamrxp.com/

I had to have the motor rebuilt on my 14 5.3 because it was burning about a quart every 1300 miles. They ended up having to replace the intake and the heads because there was so much shit built up inside them. There's absolutely no way that it can't be helpful to get that crap out of your intake system.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Not saying anything one way or the other, this is just my experience. My 17 had 86k on it when I traded it in for my 19 about 2 weeks ago. Never had a single engine issue and it was only at the dealer once about 2 months ago for an AC issue and fixing the chime volume. I changed the oil when the DIC was showing between 10-15%, and checked the dipstic every 2 weeks or so. The dipstic NEVER read below the full mark. Unless I was a rare exception I cant see how I had any oil left between changes listening to what people are supposedly getting out of the can on a weekly basis. If you do the math I'm putting alot more miles per week on my truck than most. 

• Like 2