2020 Order banks open

Hey guys just talked to GM and they informed that the order banks for 2020 Silverado's/Sierra's are now open. I'm not talking about the HD trucks either. 

I got tired of my local dealer telling me I couldn't order and trying to sell me what was on the lot and got in touch with GM directly. 

Happy ordering. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, newdude said:

Only one color gone, Oakwood Metallic. 

Yes, thank you.

My GMC dealer friend just looked and confirmed that Quicksilver is available 2020 on the 1500s. Silver Ice, the same color is gone on the 2020 Camaro. That leaves the Camaro with out a true silver. Satin  steel or white is it for the 2020 Camaro, if you want a south Texas hot weather color. I think it is a mistake on the Camaro and would have been a big mistake on the trucks.  

Anyone have luck with ordering a trail boss with a 6.2? My dealer tried today and said it is still showing the 5.3 as the only option. 

My dealer said the same thing. It lists the 6.2 as an option but doesn’t allow it to be selected yet for ordering.

13 hours ago, GJM32387 said:

My dealer said the same thing. It lists the 6.2 as an option but doesn’t allow it to be selected yet for ordering.

Are you replacing your 19 with a 20 just for the 6.2?

Thoughts on 5.3?

Thoughts on 5.3?

Never officially picked up a 19. 19 the dealer ordered still has not been built. I was between an LTZ in 6.2 and the Trailboss when I ordered the 19 TB. And now that I can have the best of both in a 2020 model for an extra $2500 it seems like a no brainer. Nothing against the 5.3. But I’ve also read about a lot of quirks with the 8 Speed, and after driving both the 6.2 with a 10 Speed just seems like a much better combo. And since I have a car to commute to work, having to run 93 in the truck and what not is not much of a concern.

9 hours ago, steve8 said:

Thoughts on 5.3?

There is plenty of discussion on the 5.3 vs 6.2 in this forum. Just scroll on down and you will see them. Good luck with what you decide. I opted to save $13,200 off MSRP and ordered a 2019 RST with 5.3/8 speed. I am hoping for a good experience when it arrives.

Edited by Snuff