Have you had any "issues" with your 2019 Chevy/GMC?

Have you had any mechanical or electrical issues with your 2019 Chevy/GMC?  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 hours ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

I meant to reply back sooner but I forgot.  I took a closer look and the seat does not appear to make contact with the center console.  I do feel like I'm not sitting evenly on the seat.  Doesn't bother me except when my OCD kicks in and then it bugs me lol.  Did you ever find out anything on this?  

I went to the dealer and drove 2 other Trail Boss's. Both felt the same although the one didn't feel as "off". I think one of the problems is the lumbar is a little low and should be raised a little. Rode in my buddy's King Ranch and the lumbar was higher and had more range of motion. But I still think the lumbar pushes out on the right side of the seat more than the left. I did put a towel in the seam/crack where the top part meets the lower part of the seat. It seems to have helped. 

And I'd like to think I'm not OCD but....... lol. But seriously I'm usually not this focused on one thing but it's just not comfortable and feels off enough that I notice it fairly frequently.

Edited by Zeker
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

I'm starting to get bass rattles in the passenger door/dash area (by the side demister grille and front right speaker). At first I thought I had blown a speaker but realized it is just plastic buzzing.

yeah, same thing has happened to me. I notice that when I press my left arm down on the armrest on the door, it does not rattle. 

• Like 1

Yup, same here but definitely coming from the door, not the dash in my case. You can either push on the armrest or use your knee against the wood trim to stop it. I think it’s the wood trim actually rattling. 

Someday I’m gonna pull it apart and see what can be done, or just buy the Kicker sub to take some of the bass load off of the doors. It’s silly that the Bose subwoofer in the console does seemingly very little. The door speakers carry it all the weight. Sounds fine but don’t like the rattles.

On 7/31/2019 at 10:36 AM, econometrics said:

yeah, same thing has happened to me. I notice that when I press my left arm down on the armrest on the door, it does not rattle. 

Is there a dealer fix for this?  My passenger side door sounds bad (from the outside while detailing it I noticed the loud rattle) when a song with  any level of bass is playing.

9 minutes ago, Kris Ward said:

Is there a dealer fix for this?  My passenger side door sounds bad (from the outside while detailing it I noticed the loud rattle) when a song with  any level of bass is playing.

I haven't checked into it. It's one of those small gremlins that I really do not want to get the dealer involved in. 

There's a thread here of a guy needing some AC repair on his 2019 RST, and he posted a pic of the ENTIRE front seat interior ripped down and stripped... seats, doors, everything. 

1 minute ago, econometrics said:

I haven't checked into it. It's one of those small gremlins that I really do not want to get the dealer involved in. 

There's a thread here of a guy needing some AC repair on his 2019 RST, and he posted a pic of the ENTIRE front seat interior ripped down and stripped... seats, doors, everything. 

I understand not wanting to get the dealer involved, but I'm not handy with issues like this.  Truck is brand new and has less than 150 miles.  The dealer is correcting issues with the 3M film and a bumper issue next week.  I figured it would be good to go ahead and get the rattling issue on the record with GM.  I don't go to the dealer for service, just recalls and warranty issues.  If you find a fix, please keep us informed.

3 minutes ago, Kris Ward said:

I understand not wanting to get the dealer involved, but I'm not handy with issues like this.  Truck is brand new and has less than 150 miles.  The dealer is correcting issues with the 3M film and a bumper issue next week.  I figured it would be good to go ahead and get the rattling issue on the record with GM.  I don't go to the dealer for service, just recalls and warranty issues.  If you find a fix, please keep us informed.

Will do. I don't know of one, and I'm not sure the dealer will either. Let us know. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2019 at 6:38 PM, Zeker said:

I went to the dealer and drove 2 other Trail Boss's. Both felt the same although the one didn't feel as "off". I think one of the problems is the lumbar is a little low and should be raised a little. Rode in my buddy's King Ranch and the lumbar was higher and had more range of motion. But I still think the lumbar pushes out on the right side of the seat more than the left. I did put a towel in the seam/crack where the top part meets the lower part of the seat. It seems to have helped. 

And I'd like to think I'm not OCD but....... lol. But seriously I'm usually not this focused on one thing but it's just not comfortable and feels off enough that I notice it fairly frequently.

You find any other info on this?  Just curious as everytime I hop in the truck I feel a little off.  Wondering how the towel has been working for you?  Thinking if I should do the same or I'd some type of pad would help.  

On 8/2/2019 at 10:41 AM, Kris Ward said:

Did the dealer have a fix? I have rattles in my passenger door too from certain bass.

Thanks

The only thing that I have noticed with my 2019 AT4 is the passenger side rear headrest rattles like nobody's business and am going to bring it in to see if the dealer can get it to stop rattling, and when I stop it shudders a bit but not sure if it is just because of the tires or not.  I also received this email today from the law firm that is perusing the class action lawsuit against for up here in Canada for the transmission debacle, so now i am wondering if the shuddering is due to this.  I am assuming that this would also include the US models as Ford was both US and Canadian models. Has anyone else had any of these issues?

Dear Sir or Madam,

You are receiving this email because you registered with us for the Ford Transmission Class Action.  We are writing to find out whether you are interested in joining a potential new class action lawsuit against General Motors.  Owners of various General Motors vehicles for the model years listed below claim the automaker's eight-speed automatic transmission houses a major defect which leads to similar transmission problems as you would have experienced with the Ford Fusion and Fiesta cars.

Drivers who have attempted to accelerate or decelerate say their cars feel a hesitation, followed by a significant shake, shudder, jerk, clunk or 'hard shift' when the vehicles automatic transmission changes gears. The eight-speed automatic transmission is the transmission for numerous vehicles built on a rear wheel-drive platform, mostly sports cars, luxury sedans, trucks and SUV's.

Below is a list of models and model years affected:

2015-2017 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV
2015-2019 Chevrolet Silverado
2015-2019 Chevrolet Corvette
2015-2019 GMC Sierra
2015-2019 GMC Yukon and Yukon XL
2016-2019 Cadillac ATS and ATS-V
2016-2019 Cadillac CTS and CTS-V
2016-2019 Cadillac CT6
2016-2019 Chevrolet Camaro
2017-2019 Chevrolet Colorado
2017-2019 GMC Canyon

On 10/6/2019 at 3:31 AM, Hydro4acid said:

Did the dealer have a fix? I have rattles in my passenger door too from certain bass.

Thanks

No, after talking to the service manager, I didn't really want them disassembling the door to try to find a fix.  It is mostly noticeable outside the truck when I wash it with the radio on.  I can live with it for now.

On 10/6/2019 at 12:27 AM, Philipgonzales3 said:

You find any other info on this?  Just curious as everytime I hop in the truck I feel a little off.  Wondering how the towel has been working for you?  Thinking if I should do the same or I'd some type of pad would help.  

I'm still not having any luck on finding a solution. The towel and pad helped a little but not enough that they were worth messing with long term. One thing I found when looking in the seat is the lumbar adjustment is just a screw-drive with a cable. I've attached a pic. It's a little hard to see because I had already stuffed a black towel in there when I was messing around trying different things. The screw-drive is attached to the driver's right side of the wire mesh in the back of the seat. The cable attaches to the other side. The screw-drive is about 4 inches and is a solid piece. So when you power adjust more tension the screw-drive seems to pull against the back of the seat before the cable gets tight. I think this is what was causing me to feel like I was sitting twisted. On my friends F150 the lumbar adjustment is very similar except it has a plastic frame type piece between the cable and the seat foam. That more evenly distributes the pressure and buffers that pulling from the one side. Similar to the one pic I've attached. Just my thoughts.....

But again, no matter what I try I'm still never comfortable driving the truck after 5 months and 6000 miles and I really am trying to accept it since I love most everything else about the truck.

progressive.jpg

20190908_150204.jpg

• Like 1