Towing with a CBT

29 minutes ago, TrailBossST said:

Do you think I can get the factory brake controller installed at the Chevy house?

No, There was another thread on adding OEM brake controller and it wasn't possible, but I guess anything is possible but it's not cost effective to do so. 

36 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

No, There was another thread on adding OEM brake controller and it wasn't possible, but I guess anything is possible but it's not cost effective to do so. 

I tried myself, I sat down with one of my friends at the parts department with another trucks VIN (that had Electronic trailer brake controller). We were going through until we hit the 3rd module and called it. more than 3 modules and at least $800. And i could of installed all of it and it still could not work. save money and the head ache and purchase an after market TBC.

Edited by BlancoSilverado

If your truck has the Z82 tow package, check your glovebox. It should have a cable in a plastic bag that connects to the black box behind the pedals. On the opposite side, you plug in to your aftermarket controller. The controller likely has a mounting bracket you can install if you so choose. I would recommend putting it under the dash near the parking brake. Adjust the gain on it until you can press the brake, and make a nice smooth stop from say, 50 mph. Easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 7:26 PM, HeySkippyDog said:

If your truck has the Z82 tow package, check your glovebox. It should have a cable in a plastic bag that connects to the black box behind the pedals. On the opposite side, you plug in to your aftermarket controller. The controller likely has a mounting bracket you can install if you so choose. I would recommend putting it under the dash near the parking brake. Adjust the gain on it until you can press the brake, and make a nice smooth stop from say, 50 mph. Easy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

This it?

15631098174268117463203346562918.jpg

• 5 months later...

Yea that is it or you can buy one that has a harness already on the open wire end for like $14. 

my 2019 trail boss takes prodigy brake controller 90195. You can buy the harness too that connect to your truck and the controller rather than hard wiring the one end. 

Edited by Bradg

U can buy a brake controller for like $50 on amazon.  Plug it directly in under dash with the factory adapter.  Super easy.   Hardest part is laying under the dash to mount the thing.  If u dont wanna jack with the brackets get some heavy duty sticky back velcro.