Speed limitation deleted?

It’s fine to break 100. It’s limited due to tire speed rating. If you changed some things on the truck there’s no reason why it shouldn’t be allowed to go over 100 in a controlled environment. Ie: track. I don’t agree with it on public roads- don’t be that dick driver.

• Like 1

I can see where the OP is coming from. I usually drive at 85 mph out in the desert. There are times the highway would go downhill, allowing me to reach 100 mph with my steady foot, then when it levels off, the truck would go back to 85 mph. Likewise, going uphill with my steady foot, it would go down to around 70 mph. Anyhow, it is annoying when the computer refuses to allow it to hit 100 mph. I haven't hit that in my new truck, but my previous Ford F-150 was limited at 105 mph. I only hit it once by accident so I know.

Seeing how you can't do anything with the new body style 2019's computer, that is why you haven't seen a real answer on how to remove it.

If they ever do a work around, I'm sure it'll be just like the ZR1 and LP5 fixes where it'll cost you a few grand just to change a limiter lol.

Don't to faster then 100.  Absolutely no reason to.   Except maybe on a track or controller environment.

Ive driven very fast a lot ;)

Your biggest need when passing is acceleration, not top speed.  If you pass someone going 80 so you can go 85, you dont need to pass them at 105.  

Also,  most single lane highways top out at 55mph or 60mph....

Anyway I get your point,  Im sure your speedometer goes past 98mph right?  Its false advertising with a limiter...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, greatmizzou said:

Don't to faster then 100.  Absolutely no reason to.   Except maybe on a track or controller environment.

Ive driven very fast a lot ;)

Your biggest need when passing is acceleration, not top speed.  If you pass someone going 80 so you can go 85, you dont need to pass them at 105.  

Also,  most single lane highways top out at 55mph or 60mph....

Anyway I get your point,  Im sure your speedometer goes past 98mph right?  Its false advertising with a limiter...

Yeah totally false advertising.

I have hit the 98 MPH limiter passing someone that was doing ten under in the left hand lane here where our speed limits in some areas are 80 that being said... keep your eyes peeled... we'll likely have something you'll like very soon :)

1 hour ago, GTPprix said:

I have hit the 98 MPH limiter passing someone that was doing ten under in the left hand lane here where our speed limits in some areas are 80 that being said... keep your eyes peeled... we'll likely have something you'll like very soon :)

Hope first responders don't have to peel you out of the truck very soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Hope first responders don't have to peel you out of the truck very soon.

It was a clean pass; I promise :) But at the same time I do agree with you. Generally people around here are going a minimum of 85-90 on our expressways; its fast. 

Optimistic speedo is nothing new....

I always though it was a styling thing, and maybe to get the needle in the easily viewed area at speeds it could probably travel. 

With this one, if the needle is leaning to the right....you might be going faster than the factory installed bias ply tires should run (for very long)... 

Possibly a '68 pontiac.

Image result for 1968 camaro speedo

• 5 weeks later...