Need some wiring help with heated steering wheel

Need a little bit of guidance on some wiring I want to do.  

I bought a heated steering wheel that came with the crash avoidance button along with the heated wheel button.  Since my truck doesn't have the crash avoidance, I'd like to make that button activate a light bar.   I know I'll have to get a latching relay to take the momentary pulse and then power a regular relay.  But I'm just wondering if I can utilize any of the pins in the BCM to help with any of the wiring?  Or is it easier to just take the wire from the steering wheel harness and connect that straight to the latching relay and then to the regular relay to power the light bar?  

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.  Or perhaps a pnp harness  @pgamboa  ;) :D 

Edited by bndawgs

I did some testing on this and I cannot get that button to send any output signal of any sort. The schematics show that button to be tied to the Cruise Control Schematics and Airbag Coil, to the BCM. So I don’t think we can use that button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pgamboa said:

I did some testing on this and I cannot get that button to send any output signal of any sort. The schematics show that button to be tied to the Cruise Control Schematics and Airbag Coil, to the BCM. So I don’t think we can use that button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, that sucks. :fume: There goes my perfect plan to not have to run a separate switch for the lightbar.  Thanks for looking into it.  Guess I can go ahead and install my new wheel then awhile.  

• Like 1