Trick to getting tailgate to release?

Had the truck for four months now and I still can’t consistently get the tailgate to go down. Feels like I have to press the button 50 times. I’ve tried two quick presses, hold it down.. lots of things. Why doesn’t it just release on the first press?? Is there something wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Controller23 said:

Had the truck for four months now and I still can’t consistently get the tailgate to go down. Feels like I have to press the button 50 times. I’ve tried two quick presses, hold it down.. lots of things. Why doesn’t it just release on the first press?? Is there something wrong?

I just press it for 1-2 seconds and opens right up.  Never had a problem.  No trouble using the remote either.  

The search feature sucks on this site. But another member was able to improve his with some silicone grease. See this thread.

Thanks. Time to take it to the dealer it seems.

1 minute ago, Controller23 said:

Thanks. Time to take it to the dealer it seems

Yeah, if its not too big a hassle to go there, they should be able to make your tailgate open properly.

But if the dealer is inconvenient, you maybe better off getting some lube and doing it yourself, then you can fix it agian next time it sticks.

Push the button and get your hands away.  I've noticed if I try to have my hand on it, as it releases it'll get stuck.

What a stupid shit idea. I wish a regular handle was an option

I had the same problem with mine since day one. It was not opening at all. I had to forcibly wobble the tailgate while pressing the button. It was getting stuck on the locking mechanism somehow. Took it to the dealer and they lubbed everything and it seems to be fine now. They said it just needs to "break in" haha it's a new truck, that should work since day one.