Looks great, can you do me a favor when you have a moment, Measure from ground to lower center above tire for both front and rear, I’ve got the 1.5” level kit on mine and I’m torn if I should do the GM 2” kit or a 3” kit and use my level kit or not. 

Thank you.

42 minutes ago, eppieguy said:

Looks great, can you do me a favor when you have a moment, Measure from ground to lower center above tire for both front and rear, I’ve got the 1.5” level kit on mine and I’m torn if I should do the GM 2” kit or a 3” kit and use my level kit or not. 

Thank you.

Front - 39 3/4

Rear - 40 3/4

I had the one inch rake before the lift.  If you have at least 1.5” - 2” factory rake, then doing the 2” lift with your 1.5” leveling kit, you’d be sitting pretty close to level.  

The 2” lift is a perfect height IMO. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bowtie Family said:

You should go drive one with the stock suspension...it’d make you appreciate the upgrade even more. 

Totally agree my CTB is hard to beat vs my 15' ltz z71 with 2.5 RC level and 2 inch rear blocks. Night and Day difference. May be as smooth as magnaride IMO. Want to level and space now but don't want to lose that ride.

20190719_112438_HDR.jpg

Edited by Stormtrouper

I wonder how towing would differ with and without this lift installed.  I originally wanted to go with a 4" lift with 33s, but I think 33s look too small with that lift from what I've seen (not to mention a good 4" lift is pricey).  With 35s, it would hurt towing too much for me.  So, this seems like a good middle ground to me. 

6 minutes ago, SqueakyBoot said:

I wonder how towing would differ with and without this lift installed.  I originally wanted to go with a 4" lift with 33s, but I think 33s look too small with that lift from what I've seen (not to mention a good 4" lift is pricey).  With 35s, it would hurt towing too much for me.  So, this seems like a good middle ground to me. 

Do you have 5.3 8speed 3.23? If so regear, or get a chip and never look back. I figure at least 4 inches over stock to clear these. Are you planning on running stock wheels?

Screenshot_2019-07-20-23-36-13.png

9 minutes ago, Stormtrouper said:

Do you have 5.3 8speed 3.23? If so regear, or get a chip and never look back. I figure at least 4 inches over stock to clear these. Are you planning on running stock wheels?

Screenshot_2019-07-20-23-36-13.png

Yea, 5.3 8spd 3.23.  That's the other reason I stopped looking at the bigger lifts/tires.  I don't want to re-gear either due to the cost.  If I'm going to spend all of that money, I'll just get a 2500.  That's the other reason I think this might be a good compromise, because I'd do this 2" lift, stock wheels (20") and only slightly larger tires.  I feel like that wouldn't affect towing too much.

2 minutes ago, SqueakyBoot said:

Yea, 5.3 8spd 3.23.  That's the other reason I stopped looking at the bigger lifts/tires.  I don't want to re-gear either due to the cost.  If I'm going to spend all of that money, I'll just get a 2500.  That's the other reason I think this might be a good compromise, because I'd do this 2" lift, stock wheels (20") and only slightly larger tires.  I feel like that wouldn't affect towing too much.

Had 275/65r20 Ko2s on my 15' , best life and quietest out there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stormtrouper said:

Had 275/65r20 Ko2s on my 15' , best life and quietest out there.

Thanks for the pic.  Yea, I've had KO2s and Duratracs, which I liked both.  I also like the look of the Ridge Grapplers shown in this thread.

1 minute ago, SqueakyBoot said:

Thanks for the pic.  Yea, I've had KO2s and Duratracs, which I liked both.  I also like the look of the Ridge Grapplers shown in this thread.

Several friends with them, they look nice, but not for long and hard to balance IMO