Katzkin leather seats

1 hour ago, Frankielozano214 said:

Those came out nice 

Thanks,I had my doubts but was really impressed.The paint was recomended by our paint supplier.

I was really happy with the results(I hated those grey seats but the truck was an offer I couldn't refuse)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WNYK2 said:

Thanks,I had my doubts but was really impressed.The paint was recomended by our paint supplier.

I was really happy with the results(I hated those grey seats but the truck was an offer I couldn't refuse)

Yeah I know what u mean I love my truck

but I’ve done a couple of upgrades to it like the leather dash with grey stitching,  leather heated steering wheel, and have a Denali Cluster that’s getting programmed right now so that’s in the works with the 2.5 hmi and radio module to Apple car play. I really wanna install leather seats I prefer getting the Denali seats or these either one and I’ll b happy ? with a center console!!

Edited by Frankielozano214
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

Yeah I know what u mean I love my truck

but I’ve done a couple of upgrades to it like the leather dash with grey stitching, heat leather steering wheel, and have a Denali Cluster that’s getting programmed right now so that’s in the works with the 2.5 hmi and radio module to Apple car play. I really wanna install leather seats I prefer getting the Denali seats or these either one and I’ll b happy ? with a center console!!

That is awesome, you have done quite the upgrades.

I'm hoping to get the Katzkins soon for my truck, they'd be a nice upgrade. I do at times regret not going with the LTZ over the LT, would of had some of the things I wanted from the start.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, captainzombie said:

That is awesome, you have done quite the upgrades.

I'm hoping to get the Katzkins soon for my truck, they'd be a nice upgrade. I do at times regret not going with the LTZ over the LT, would of had some of the things I wanted from the start.

That’s true but I kind of like doing some of these add on myself I get to get familiar with everything in the truck, plus I can charge to do it on somebody else truck if they don’t wanna do it themselves ? 

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 5:08 PM, WNYK2 said:

I did this with my '14 that had grey seats.SEM color coat paint in satin black is a perfect match,looks like it came from the factory.

clean all the parts really well with something like dawn detergent to get off any mold release or dirt.

Use their leather and plasic prep,it's an adhesion promotor (follow all the instructions)

Then paint with the color coat.I just traded my truck and mine still looked perfect after four years.

CD4EB707-D2E2-4F09-A765-86A34DDB3F67.jpeg

DE7A3FCD-FFFA-4DA7-9374-2126DFA2A930.jpeg

5183A537-B16A-4C56-9ECC-07BF28009AC3.jpeg

Thanks for the detailed information!  That's what I'll do to mine.

Katzkin appears to be a viable option. Some pictures show more wrinkles than factory seats but I understand these eventually disappear (?)   I have looked at several trucks that have the options on my wish list except for leather.   I'd love to end up with a red interior in a black truck!  I know this isn't a factory choice but I personally find black on black a little bland.  I often thought that if my only obstacle was a dark cloth interior I'd negotiate a Katzkin install into the deal.   Has anyone reading this thread opted for the Katzkin's with colored inserts or a complete change in colour?  I think all red may look out of place without other interior parts like the dash coloured in the same manner.  Pictures are greatly appreciated by all members considering a leather upgrade! Thanks!

19 hours ago, superdave160 said:

Thanks for the detailed information!  That's what I'll do to mine.

I even did the seat belt buckles you can see one hanging on the acitone can.

Everything held up well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 6:09 PM, WNYK2 said:

^ This

If you have a 14 or 15 get the set for the 16+ and you don't reuse the plasic seat back looks better and is easier

Have you got any pictures? I'd like to see the difference. Reading this thread makes me want to spend the money on my 14 110k mile truck and install them myself.

7 hours ago, Eddie 70 said:

Have you got any pictures? I'd like to see the difference. Reading this thread makes me want to spend the money on my 14 110k mile truck and install them myself.

36B6AF07-3D3B-4761-92F4-15C4F61B2536.thumb.jpeg.aa25584996b2eedae6f0e30d133e4ece.jpegThis seat is cloth (new truck)but this is what the backs look like.They basically just go on with a zipper.Planning on installing the leather and seat heaters this weekend If the weather holds out.

Edited by WNYK2
  • Like 1

I

3 hours ago, WNYK2 said:

36B6AF07-3D3B-4761-92F4-15C4F61B2536.thumb.jpeg.aa25584996b2eedae6f0e30d133e4ece.jpegThis seat is cloth (new truck)but this is what the backs look like.They basically just go on with a zipper.Planning on installing the leather and seat heaters this weekend If the weather holds out.

I like it! Thanks WNYK2!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eddie 70 said:

I

I like it! Thanks WNYK2!

i just received katz for my 2017 wt. i have the drab grey cloth. $585us delivered. black w grey stitch. ive used them many times over the last 10 yrs. great product for great price. as for bagyness or minor puckers.. 2 things you can do here. if you have a steamer or some type of steamer.. like the floor/counter clean as on tv or rent one possibly. steam the foam n dont b shy with it prior to install an the foam will swell back up to factory or even puffier wich will fill the puckers or if thats not an option.. then hit your local fabric store prior to instal n grab yourself a small bag of poly pillow fill. and test fit.. if baggy use the fill in small amounts to fill the pucker.. cheap easy fix and you covers will look perfect.. jus my 2 pennies worth.. it works.. done both many times.. good luck.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, no12nv said:

i just received katz for my 2017 wt. i have the drab grey cloth. $585us delivered. black w grey stitch. ive used them many times over the last 10 yrs. great product for great price. as for bagyness or minor puckers.. 2 things you can do here. if you have a steamer or some type of steamer.. like the floor/counter clean as on tv or rent one possibly. steam the foam n dont b shy with it prior to install an the foam will swell back up to factory or even puffier wich will fill the puckers or if thats not an option.. then hit your local fabric store prior to instal n grab yourself a small bag of poly pillow fill. and test fit.. if baggy use the fill in small amounts to fill the pucker.. cheap easy fix and you covers will look perfect.. jus my 2 pennies worth.. it works.. done both many times.. good luck.

A trick I was told by the shop I bought mine from is lay them out in the sun ahead of time so they are hot when you put them on.

Works like a charm no wrinkles.Great tip with the steamer for the foam.Also if your seats have been used for a while and and the outer edges of the foam cusions are beat up by people sliding out the door.You can swap them to the opposite seat as both sides are identical

• Like 2

On 8/30/2019 at 3:16 PM, WNYK2 said:

A trick I was told by the shop I bought mine from is lay them out in the sun ahead of time so they are hot when you put them on.

Works like a charm no wrinkles.Great tip with the steamer for the foam.Also if your seats have been used for a while and and the outer edges of the foam cusions are beat up by people sliding out the door.You can swap them to the opposite seat as both sides are identical

swaping is true but not always.. as sometimes the foam is cut per side specifically to accommodate the slide  out.. but good tip..

• Like 1