Katzkin leather seats

I am looking at leather options on my truck and have been looking at Katzkin. I have found a few places that sell them and has anyone ever installed seat covers on their truck or is it easier to pay and have it done. If anyone has used Katzkin how did you like them.  Thanks

My best friend installed some made by clazzio in his Tacoma. I’d never be able to tell they are covers without someone telling me, look great. I think he said he went with them instead of katzkin as he could install them in his own fairly easy, and the katzkin he would have had to hire someone. Worth a look to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are nice. I have them in both my 18 Silverado's.

Got the kits on eBay for $550 each. I payed  shop $450 to install them because I wanted a pro job . 

I recommend getting them done by a shop. You have to remove the seats then remove the cloth.

Unless you are comfortable with that pay to get it done.

15466962205078624146639438984180.thumb.jpg.6243421920f631458d10ba884372e01e.jpg

15466966598673899319510712247110.thumb.jpg.7af128b4e3f32cdda9af35b1eca3b67c.jpg

• Like 3

I had cloth seats in my '16 Silverado and did the katskinz off of eBay and installed them myself. There are videos on YouTube on how to install the seats. Follow the videos and take your time and these can be easily installed by yourself and they look like the pros have done it. I've had people in my truck asking where I had leather seats added and when I told them I did it myself, they asked if I would do their vehicles. Took me approximately 8 hours to do the install so give yourself some time.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Skeeter McSkeet said:

My best friend installed some made by clazzio in his Tacoma. I’d never be able to tell they are covers without someone telling me, look great. I think he said he went with them instead of katzkin as he could install them in his own fairly easy, and the katzkin he would have had to hire someone. Worth a look to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked out their website, very interesting. Looks like a quality product and the installation seems pretty easy. I will add this to the wish list......

Shakey

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I had called a place about getting Katzkins installed, they had quoted me around $1500 for my crew cab. The dealership wanted around $1800. I'm going to be calling a few place this upcoming week to see if I can get a lower price. Even though I have the hand b-pillars and side steps in my LT, both seats in the driver and passenger side have that little worn edge already. Kind of annoying that this would be happening already and I have only had this truck for a year.

9 hours ago, captainzombie said:

Last time I had called a place about getting Katzkins installed, they had quoted me around $1500 for my crew cab. The dealership wanted around $1800. I'm going to be calling a few place this upcoming week to see if I can get a lower price. Even though I have the hand b-pillars and side steps in my LT, both seats in the driver and passenger side have that little worn edge already. Kind of annoying that this would be happening already and I have only had this truck for a year.

Just buy them off eBay for $550.

Then have a local upholstery shop install them . That's what I did on both my trucks. They charged me $450 to install . So for a grand each both my trucks have Katzkins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, superdave160 said:

My seats are gray cloth but I want to switch to black leather.  How do I change the color of the gray plastic on the seats from gray to black?  Can they be painted with spray paint?

Just order seat covers for a 2016 and up, they are covered so u don’t need to use the plastic piece 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 10:51 AM, superdave160 said:

My seats are gray cloth but I want to switch to black leather.  How do I change the color of the gray plastic on the seats from gray to black?  Can they be painted with spray paint?

I did this with my '14 that had grey seats.SEM color coat paint in satin black is a perfect match,looks like it came from the factory.

clean all the parts really well with something like dawn detergent to get off any mold release or dirt.

Use their leather and plasic prep,it's an adhesion promotor (follow all the instructions)

Then paint with the color coat.I just traded my truck and mine still looked perfect after four years.

CD4EB707-D2E2-4F09-A765-86A34DDB3F67.jpeg

DE7A3FCD-FFFA-4DA7-9374-2126DFA2A930.jpeg

5183A537-B16A-4C56-9ECC-07BF28009AC3.jpeg

Edited by WNYK2
  • Like 2

On 8/11/2019 at 12:59 PM, Frankielozano214 said:

Just order seat covers for a 2016 and up, they are covered so u don’t need to use the plastic piece 

^ This

If you have a 14 or 15 get the set for the 16+ and you don't reuse the plasic seat back looks better and is easier

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2019 at 5:08 PM, WNYK2 said:

I did this with my '14 that had grey seats.SEM color coat paint in satin black is a perfect match,looks like it came from the factory.

clean all the parts really well with something like dawn detergent to get off any mold release or dirt.

Use their leather and plasic prep,it's an adhesion promotor (follow all the instructions)

Then paint with the color coat.I just traded my truck and mine still looked perfect after four years.

CD4EB707-D2E2-4F09-A765-86A34DDB3F67.jpeg

DE7A3FCD-FFFA-4DA7-9374-2126DFA2A930.jpeg

5183A537-B16A-4C56-9ECC-07BF28009AC3.jpeg

Those came out nice