Mod for handgun?

Something to consider:

A co-worker was carjacked just a few weeks ago. He was at a light and a guy came up, put a gun in his face and took his car in broad daylight. If he had a gun anywhere else besides on him, the carjacker would have been driving off with his car and his gun. 

And I'm not buying, well I would have pulled mine and shot him before he has a chance to do anything. Maybe, maybe not. Depends on your training and how bad the guy doesn't want to shoot you.

Something to consider:

A co-worker was carjacked just a few weeks ago. He was at a light and a guy came up, put a gun in his face and took his car in broad daylight. If he had a gun anywhere else besides on him, the carjacker would have been driving off with his car and his gun. 

And I'm not buying, well I would have pulled mine and shot him before he has a chance to do anything. Maybe, maybe not. Depends on your training and how bad the guy doesn't want to shoot you.

9 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

I don’t understand how you get car jacked as these trucks have auto lock when you put it in gear, and if it was worse case scenario they could of used this 300 something horsepower beast to take off

If someone puts a gun in your face auto-door locks don't really mean anything.

27 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

unless somebody is blocking your car, why not just press the gas that’s what I’d do ain’t taking my shit 

Most people dont leave an escape route when they come up to a light, a car length between you and the one in front of you.

But thats not always the case, sometimes you are just blocked in from all sides. Better to give it up and have insurance deal with it vs shooting someone or getting shot.

Unless you have a kid in the car or something, better to give the truck up and live. Situational awareness comes into play whenever you are stopped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, typ0 said:

Something to consider:

I don't think I would use the safe to store it while I'm in the vehicle, but as a means to put it behind an extra lock if I have to disarm to enter a gun-free zone.

• Like 1

After I had a gun stolen from my center console I built my own locking console setup. It’s not bulletproof, but would stop and snatch and grab. 

Dual locking solenoids on the front corners of the console lid, latches tapped into the metal frame of the lid. All activated by a surface mount switch that is pressed when opening the console like normal. Wired to only actuate when ignition is present. Kill the key and I have 60 seconds before a timer kills that circuit and solenoids aren’t moving. 

My dashcam caught the break in and between busting my door lock and them getting my gun and pulling off, it was like 13 seconds. 

(Silverado in a Bass Pro parking lot in Texas, easy picking when I look back at it)

I’d post pics but this site only lets you do one per thread

Edited by rah7777777

After I had a gun stolen from my center console I built my own locking console setup. It’s not bulletproof, but would stop and snatch and grab. 
Dual locking solenoids on the front corners of the console lid, latches tapped into the metal frame of the lid. All activated by a surface mount switch that is pressed when opening the console like normal. Wired to only actuate when ignition is present. Kill the key and I have 60 seconds before a timer kills that circuit and solenoids aren’t moving. 

My dashcam caught the break in and between busting my door lock and them getting my gun and pulling off, it was like 13 seconds. 
(Silverado in a Bass Pro parking lot in Texas, easy picking when I look back at it)

I’d post pics but this site only lets you do one per thread
Just curious, why did you leave it in your vehicle and not have it on you when you went into the store.

3 hours ago, Bash74 said:
16 hours ago, rah7777777 said:

Just curious, why did you leave it in your vehicle and not have it on you when you went into the store.

I had one on me when I went into the store, my daily carry gun.

They stole my backup carry gun that was in a holster sticking up a little in the console, so when you opened the lid, it stuck out. and they left my "truck" gun that was sitting right next to it, but not sticking up. 

I'm assuming they popped the lid up, saw one sticking up and grabbed it and ran after shuffling through the console contents for about 2 seconds. 

Edited by rah7777777